Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at the Bachmann ad on the back of the new Model Rail, which shows a photo from the new Ivatt 2MT.

I have one on pre-oder, and what do I see?? An unsightly set of red and black wires dangling between tender and loco...

I was aware that Bachmann are providing the DCC socket in the tender, but I had kind of hoped for smarter wiring between front and rear of the loco with a bit more disguise. Hmm...

Walter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I have only seen the photographs but to my mind that gap between the loco and tender looks worse than the old Hornby one.

Regards

John

·
Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 16 Jul 2007, 17:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have only seen the photographs but to my mind that gap between the loco and tender looks worse than the old Hornby one.

Regards

John

I picked one up today, the loco comes with a short bar that reduces the gap between loco and tender nicley. The wires (there are 4 of them) are for the dcc connection between loco and tender, for me this is fantastic as it makes sound chipping the loco much easier. The wires will not detract when painted black i think.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Piemanlarger @ 19 Jul 2007, 19:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I picked one up today, the loco comes with a short bar that reduces the gap between loco and tender nicley.

Any chance of pics and a review? I always did like the real thing.

Regards

John

·
Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Jul 2007, 16:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any chance of pics and a review? I always did like the real thing.

Regards

John

I dont know enough about the real thing to do a review. basicaly there is a noticable join on the top of the boiler, but this I will weather out.
Two draw bars for close coupled tender.
Nice Dcc plug set up in the tender, ala use model railways, at long last. Should make it easy to sound chip!

Not actually run the thing in yet though sorry.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts

Typical I painted an old Hornby just before Bachmann anounced they were doing these, now I'm going to have to get a Bachmann and paint it then they'll do the one I want. Looks a very nice little loco, supprised that the standard cousin isn't in this years catalogue like they did with the class 4s.

Couldn't resist putting a recet picture of my Hornby Ivatt in here through some flook I've got it looking like it's at rest on a late summers evening just before returning to the shed to be disposed of for the night.
ps more pics in my galleries.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I believe it was only the Bullied Pacifics that were fitted with the teleportation gadget for getting the water from the tender into the boiler , and then only the BR built ones after the technology from the Roswell Incident became available.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hello
got mine from hobbyrail in sutton
didnt think much of the unsightly wires between loco and tender for the chip thingie so i cut the plugs off joined the wires red to red black to black and taped them to the underside of the loco under the brake rodding fitted the shorter space bar now looks a lot better
can now start weathering

1 - 10 of 10 Posts