Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Bachmann Europe PLC today (24th January 2007) launched its new Dynamis DCC system at the opening of the 2006 British Toy & Hobby Fair held at ExCel in London�s Docklands.

The new system uses long addresses (4 digit), has a 12 character locomotive name feature, full cv programming, point/accessory control and control of up to 40 locomotives at any one time. The wireless handset has a full numeric keypad with 12 buttons for control of up to 21 decoder functions, 4 menu buttons, direction switch, joystick speed control and a large LCD display to show the operator what is happening. There is also an emergency stop / go button � just in case!

The new system is fully NMRA compliant.

David Haarhaus, Marketing & Sales Manager of Bachmann Industries PLC said 'the new Dynamis system has been developed to take DCC to the next stage. The E-Z Command system introduced two years ago introduced DCC operation to many railway modellers but Dynamis is more advanced and offers many more features. Our E-Z Command will continue as an entry level product'.

David continued 'it is also our intention over the next few years to fit all our products with decoder sockets. We have been doing this for the past two or three years but we still have some OO Branchline models left to upgrade for DCC operation. We would also like to make it clear that we will continue to support the DC (Analogue) market and will offer our products as now in DCC READY (decoder socket factory installed), DCC ONBOARD (decoder factory fitted) and DCC SOUND options. It is not our intention to change our policy to produce everything with factory fitted decoders installed'.

Wireless

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
The headline RRP for the E-Z Command Dynamis Digital Control System With Transformer is £90.

The E-Z Command Dynamis Pro Digital Control System With Transformer has not had a price published yet.

Presumably the Pro version has the wireless handset, receiver and Pro Box included. The following accessories have been announced which presumably can be purchased to upgrade the £90 console.

E-Z Command Dynamis Handset POA
E-Z Command Dynamis Pro Box POA
E-Z Command Dynamis Wireless Receiver POA

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
763 Posts
Doug:

Any indications on when, realistically, this kit might be in the shops?

As we all know, historically Bachmann delivery dates have been longish and liable to slippage. Some startlingly early (for Bachmann) dates were being quoted originally

Any sign of one actually being displayed /working, ? If not I take it this is still a fair way off?

I know US wireless kit contravenes European regs . Anything further here , or just the bare statement from Bachmann?

And any whisper who's behind the system?

Xpressnet compatible ? or what ? What are the options for use of this with existing DCC systems (ie could you plug it into yr Lenz)

Or are Bachmann still playing their cards very close to their chests?

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Sounds interesting....but shall we hold fire on assumptions until some definite details are published, or the item appears for comparitive testing?

Regards

John

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE (Ravenser @ 24 Jan 2007, 13:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Doug:

Any indications on when, realistically, this kit might be in the shops?
They have always said spring 2007. At Warley the guy said it's right on schedule and late March to mid April is likely.
I hope this is still on.

QUOTE (Ravenser @ 24 Jan 2007, 13:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know US wireless kit contravenes European regs . Anything further here , or just the bare statement from Bachmann?
Yes US wireless kit is not allowable Europe, but we have a band allocated.
It's the same one for all Digital wireless kit (Wireless networks, TV senders, Streaming audio/video around the home etc.).
There's nothing to stop any DCC manufacturer from providing wireless in Europe if they use the correct band.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well done Bachmann

"The new system is fully NMRA compliant"

"'it is also our intention over the next few years to fit all our products with decoder sockets. We have been doing this for the past two or three years but we still have some OO Branchline models left to upgrade for DCC operation. We would also like to make it clear that we will continue to support the DC (Analogue) market and will offer our products as now in DCC READY (decoder socket factory installed), DCC ONBOARD (decoder factory fitted) and DCC SOUND options. It is not our intention to change our policy to produce everything with factory fitted decoders installed'."

Both clear statements and entirely logical. Supporting Analogue DC while pressing ahead with developments in DCC.

Contrast this with the Hornby farce. Bachmann have really thrown down the gauntlet to them here on 2 fronts
1.NMRA compliance Bachmann can Hornby can't
2.Not fitting all locos with chip on board (but making them DCC ready). Hornby had to make a grudging U turn already. This will hopefully give them further cause to think. DCC may well be the way ahead but not to the exclusion of DC.

Russell

·
Registered
697 Posts
Plus........... the Dynamis promises to be some piece of kit, contrast that with what Hornby are offering at the moment.

Bachmann sound fitted locos are going to be very evident on the exhibition circuit soon!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Per Oakydoke "Bachmann sound fitted locos are going to be very evident on the exhibition circuit soon!"

Yes. To be honest Diesel sound would be the reason I'd convert my layout to be dual dcc and dc . The thought of a Deltic accelerating away would be terrific!

Here again Bachmann score because they've brought something new to the party. And it has to be said the cost of a sound fitted 66 (although I understand they are about to sell out) is not that much diffirent to a Hornby Class 56 . Still a Hornby 56 has opening doors!!!!!!

Russell

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
QUOTE The new system uses long addresses (4 digit), has a 12 character locomotive name feature, full cv programming, point/accessory control and control of up to 40 locomotives at any one time. The wireless handset has a full numeric keypad with 12 buttons for control of up to 21 decoder functions, 4 menu buttons, direction switch, joystick speed control and a large LCD display to show the operator what is happening. There is also an emergency stop / go button � just in case!

This sounds very promising, I'd like to know more about the wireless function, and how many handsets the system can accommodate.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE What questions would Model Rail Forum members like to put to Bachmann about Dynamis if they had the opportunity? Did ESU make it for them?

I have a strong suspicion they did and if so this will be a cracking budget system.

Bachmann are doing very well with their DCC system and have made none of the stuff ups there competitor has. I'd be interested in the wireless handheld thing as it would be good to use with my central station.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are some very positive points. I welcome everything that has been put forward.

Take note that the points addressed so far are engineered to an extent by the marketing department to cover issues that have been thrown up by the Hornby products.

Hopefully they will both strive to bring quality products to the marketplace. We the consumer should end up benefiting from that... We just have to be careful not to jump in to quickly to something that is not up to standard

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
QUOTE Is it compatible with Xpressnet systems ? Or with NCE ? [ Or for others - Gaugemaster, Digitrax]

Not directly. If ESU or a third party produce a module that permits Ecoslink and Xpressnet to link then it would be possible. If you purchase the Pro unit you are able to connect Dynamis to a PC and there may be PC software that permits this.

QUOTE Could I use it with RR&Co or some other computer based control system?

If you purchase the Pro unit you are able to connect Dynamis to a PC.

QUOTE Did ESU make it for them?

ESU are involved in the development of the product.

QUOTE Will the Dynamis have 22-24v switched output that allows use with G Scale? Bachmann have already shown interest in this market.

Sorry but did not get an answer to this question. There was nothing on show to indicate that this would be possible.

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.