Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well done Bachmann

"The new system is fully NMRA compliant"

"'it is also our intention over the next few years to fit all our products with decoder sockets. We have been doing this for the past two or three years but we still have some OO Branchline models left to upgrade for DCC operation. We would also like to make it clear that we will continue to support the DC (Analogue) market and will offer our products as now in DCC READY (decoder socket factory installed), DCC ONBOARD (decoder factory fitted) and DCC SOUND options. It is not our intention to change our policy to produce everything with factory fitted decoders installed'."

Both clear statements and entirely logical. Supporting Analogue DC while pressing ahead with developments in DCC.

Contrast this with the Hornby farce. Bachmann have really thrown down the gauntlet to them here on 2 fronts
1.NMRA compliance Bachmann can Hornby can't
2.Not fitting all locos with chip on board (but making them DCC ready). Hornby had to make a grudging U turn already. This will hopefully give them further cause to think. DCC may well be the way ahead but not to the exclusion of DC.

Russell

·
Registered
982 Posts
Per Oakydoke "Bachmann sound fitted locos are going to be very evident on the exhibition circuit soon!"

Yes. To be honest Diesel sound would be the reason I'd convert my layout to be dual dcc and dc . The thought of a Deltic accelerating away would be terrific!

Here again Bachmann score because they've brought something new to the party. And it has to be said the cost of a sound fitted 66 (although I understand they are about to sell out) is not that much diffirent to a Hornby Class 56 . Still a Hornby 56 has opening doors!!!!!!

Russell

1 - 2 of 2 Posts