Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hattons sell bachmann 00 n/s flexitrack. as i will need 4 full boxes of 24 lengths and this is cheaper than peco. i was wondering if anyone has used this track and how is it in use. does it last and how would you compare it to peco etc?. is it worth considering or should i use peco??

thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i will need at least 4 boxes as my loft is 34' long and 9' wide and i'm modelling crewe station
(post modernisation, slightly simplified track design, but all 12 platforms and general layout will be copied from photo's to the best of my ability. the diesel depot and heritage center will also be on my layout, complete with display APT at the north end next to heritage center
i have collected 46 of the 58 sets of points i need
it may not be totally to scale but i've got 34' long to play with so it should be very reasonable
it will be an overall large 2 track oval layout with a chester branch line.

i've just started to build my baseboard construction which will be fixed framework but with boards that can be lifted if i ever move house. (wiring links across baseboards and short lengths of track spanning joints) i am also designing it so it can be shortened and if required the diesel depot and heritage center can be moved around a corner, if in any future move i don't have this space. i have built 2 layouts previously and had to dismantle absolutely everything and start again. i won't make that costly mistake this time.

except for obviously the h/center, diesel depot, bay platforms and the very small goods yard at 1 end, everything will run in loops (2 points change at a time) as a main line operation. there will be 12 storage loops (2 banks of 6 along the non station side of the ovals 34' length) hidden under the raised main line and scenery. the chester branch runs from crewe station down into a tunnel under raised mainlines and storage boards and pops out into chester station (imaginary 3 bay platform) at the other end of the layout.

altogether over the years i have accumulated 19 diesel loco's, (2) 7 coach hst's, 3 dmu's, and 4 steam loco's displayed in a purpose, self built wall cabinet covering my bedroom wall all raring to go

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Hi Allen,

Sounds a mighty fine layout, should have lots of 'play' factor. Please take lots of photos to share so we can see your progress

Brian
CME Mill Dale

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (bro sewell @ 22 Jun 2008, 18:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Allen,

Sounds a mighty fine layout, should have lots of 'play' factor. Please take lots of photos to share so we can see your progress

Brian
CME Mill Dale

certainly will, when theres more than just a floor and the start of the 2 x 2 wood framework to show
cheers.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
34' all I can say is lucky *******

Can't wait til you've got something you're happy for us to see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts