Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Anybody had any luck with this model...I had it in bits today and used a ZTC 255 decoder...got all the right signals from my lenz 90....zilch...any ideas??
Phil (in despair)

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (philg @ 8 Sep 2008, 01:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,
Anybody had any luck with this model...I had it in bits today and used a ZTC 255 decoder...got all the right signals from my lenz 90....zilch...any ideas??
Phil (in despair)

*** You don't say whether its the newer DCC ready version or the original non dcc ready.

This might help

http://www.tcsdcc.com/decoderpics/Bachmann...n30%20Mogul.htm

Rihard

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks exactly what i needed...spot on...it was a non-DCC model by the way...
Thanks
Phil

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (philg @ 8 Sep 2008, 23:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks exactly what i needed...spot on...it was a non-DCC model by the way...
Thanks
Phil

*** I'm pleased it helped - let us know how well it performs once you've done the installation - they are usually excellent runners.

If you want it to really do well at slower speeds - try CV5 (Vmax) at about 3/4 of its max setting and CV6 (Vmid) at about 1/2 of its maximum setting (Vmid).

ie:

* if the max is 255 on your decoder for those CVs as it often is, then it'd be CV5 at about 190, CV6 at about 120.
* if max for those Cvs is 64 as it can be with some brands, it'd be CV5 at about 48, CV5 at 32.

if you don't like the result, simply reset both to their default which is usually zero (zero = default normally)

These settings will give better slow to mid speed control, and slightly decrease max speed too - On30 is usually not run flat out anyway!

Richard

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that...I will try at the weekend...I need time!! Good advice on this forum...
Phil :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts