Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched everywhere I can think of and can't find any details of how to disassemble the loco or where to place the decoder - can anyone help?

R

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (randolph @ 18 Aug 2008, 18:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have searched everywhere I can think of and can't find any details of how to disassemble the loco or where to place the decoder - can anyone help?

R

**Hello Randolph

It will almost certainly be one screw up front and then remove the drawbar... a TCS MC-2 or M-1 will certainly fit, and a TCS DP2x-UK wireless decoder may fit too....

Bromsgrove models carry these in stock in UK and offer excellent service.

Here below is a copy of the 5MT exploded drawing

regards

Richard

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have just this weekend put a chip in a Class 5 ....one screw at each end as quoted before ...but also the speedometer has a tiny screw on the wheel axle...this releases the speedometer. The back screw is under the brake thingy which pops out. There is a lovely receptacle for the decoder in front of the plug...be wary of the screw in the base of said receptacle which could short out your decoder..
Good Luck..
Phil

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Got a ZTC4007 direct plug-in in mine, although if doing another (or any other loco with a direct plug-in decoder) I would use the TCD DP2x UK (which is also slightly smaller)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
philq said :QUOTE There is a lovely receptacle for the decoder in front of the plug...be wary of the screw in the base of said receptacle which could short out your decoder..

There is a plastic "box" included with the Standard 5 that slots into that receptacle area and insulates a "floating" decoder - the box has the top and one end open. Having either a ZTC4007 or a TCS DP2X-UK (I think that's right) plugged directly in negates the need for the plastic item.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone, especially Tim for his words and pictures, I now have my Lokpilot 3 installed and the loco works!

R

1 - 7 of 7 Posts