Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 27 Feb 2008, 06:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I dont mind them increasing the price to cover the costs of the raw materials but i hope they dont use this as an excuse to increase prices by stealth. i dont mind an honest and modest increase in price but i do object to being taken for a ride.
Taking us for a ride is exactly what they are doing! For a model train the cost of the raw metal and plastic is trivial in comparison to the cost of bashing or moulding to shape, assembly, painting, quality control (if the manufacturer goes in for this of course) and then shipment and distribution. How many thousands of bodyshells can be made from a barrel of oil (at only £50 barrel after the price increases)...so each one costs virtually nothing.

It is nothing more than a convenient excuse to make more profit. Yes, if I collected ingots of copper as I hobby I could accept material costs being significant but for a model train they are inconsequential compared to virtually every other cost in the journey from dead compressed sealife to turntable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts