Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi I am new to this website. Very excited by what I have seen. Many congratulations to all concerned. I too have bought one of these. Mine is the late crest with the BR1B tender. The rumours are correct. It will not close couple, and even worse, when running backwards, it disengages on the first hole in the bar and connects on the close couple and jams up. Has any one else had this problem?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have taken a closer look at the model. I had only had a day or so when I last posted. The problem with the uncoupling was due to the fact that the small screw securing the bar was loose. This allowed it to slop downwards thus uncoupling. Having tightened it up, it now runs in reverse well. I take note of the suggestion of filing down intermediate buffers, but I am reluctant to spoil the model so for the time being I will run it in the more open position until it drives me mad.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I find the tender coupling arrangement on the ClassN very uneasy. My tender is not too bad but have read other peoples' postings that they constantly derail. Its not a very stable arrangement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.