Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully fitted Kadee couplings to one of these? I've just bought one as I knew it had NEM pockets. But the rear pocket is so high off the ground that even Bachmann have had to supply a special stepped version of the tension lock coupling to compensate. Hence fitting any sort of Kadee won't work.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
This seems to be a problem with one manufacture - to be honest it's not really a NEM pocket if it does not conform to NEM standards i.e the mounting height.

Personally, I would send it back.

Not something the "continental" manufactures seem to have a problem with.

· In depth idiot
8,693 Posts
There's going to be a way round this. In a similar 'pocket mounted too high' situation, attaching a standard no5 to the underside of the pocket with a self tapper proved spot on for example.

If you take up Brian's suggestion but still want a BR 2-6-4T 4MT, Bachmann have the very similar Fairburn with genuine NEM pockets, correct for both height and front face relative to buffers positions.

Brian's right in my opinion. It will be a good day when print reviewers actually disallow the use of NEM in a review when the pocket is in an incorrect positon. There will be no need for them to fear offending any one manufacturer: non-compliances are present in all three major OO manufacturers products.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.