Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

BR Standard Class 4MT 4-6-0 to undergo major upgrade

Bachmann Europe Plc today announced at its Annual Trade Open Day that it is to upgrade its OO gauge BR Standard 75xxx 4MT 4-6-0 over the next year by introducing new body tooling and a new chassis to accommodate DCC sockets. This model was one of the first to be introduced thirty years ago by the former Mainline Railways and was produced for them by Bachmann's parent company, Kader Industrial. When production of Bachmann commenced in 1989, the BR Standard 4MT was reintroduced in 1990. It was last produced by Bachmann in 2002.

Graham Hubbard, Managing Director said "the 75xxx is the next locomotive to benefit from our on-going upgrade programme. It was one of the first locomotives we introduced after starting the company and we reached a point where the tooling had become life expired. The model is still in constant demand and we feel the time is right to bring it back, albeit in a very different form. Out goes the old split chassis and in its place will be a new DCC Ready chassis. We will also retool the bodyshell resulting in a brand new locomotive".

British Railways built 80 locomotives between May 1951 and June 1957. The first was withdrawn in December 1964 and the last in August 1968 with the end of steam traction on the national standard gauge network.

Work on the upgrade has now begun with the drawing work underway and the new models will be introduced into the range in 18 months time.

Further details regarding these models will be released at the London Toy Fair in January 2008.

New OO gauge locomotive packaging announced

Bachmann Europe Plc today announced at its Annual Trade Open Day that it is to introduce new packaging for its Bachmann Branchline range of OO gauge locomotives and multiple units.

The new boxes offer substantial support for the locomotive and the clear plastic window allows the actual contents to be easily viewed before purchase.

David Haarhaus, Bachmann Europe's Sales & Marketing Manager said "customer feedback asked us to revisit our locomotive and multiple unit packaging and the new style allows customers to see what they are purchasing. There should be no confusion once the packaging becomes uniform across the OO gauge Branchline range".

The new boxes will also be utilised by Bachmann's Liliput range and will be progressively rolled out as new products appear in the shops.

Bachmann Brassworks Gauge 1 57xx Class locomotive now available

Bachmann Europe Plc today displayed at its Annual Trade Open Day its third Gauge 1 electrically powered locomotive, a Great Western Railway 57xx 0-6-0T.

A total of 863 locomotives were build between January 1929 and December 1950. The first was withdrawn in 1956 and the last ten years later, although a number entered service with London Transport until they ceased using steam locomotives in 1971. Sixteen locomotives have been preserved.

The Bachmann Brassworks Gauge 1 locomotives are now available in brass finish (BW1020) at £650.00 and in unlined painted black livery (BW1021) at £715.00. An unlined painted green version will be released later (BW1022).

Graham Farish Voyager tooling complete

Bachmann Europe PLC displayed the first shots of the new 4 car Voyager unit at its Annual Trade Open Days. Tooling of this project has now been completed and the models undergoing testing.

Graham Hubbard, Managing Director said "work on our Voyager has now reached the next stage. After testing and evaluation, the next requirement is to produce fully liveried samples. We expect the model to be on sale in time for Christmas".

The 4 car N gauge model will feature working lights, full detailed interior, optional N gauge coupling and requires just two DCC decoders for DCC operation.

Scenecraft figures take to the streets

Bachmann Europe Plc today displayed at its Annual Trade Open Day its new range of Scenecraft figures in OO and G scales. These have been developed by Bachmann for the British market and encompass the following;

OO scale (6 figures per packet)

36-040 Businessmen £5.75
36-041 Police & security staff £5.75
36-042 Lineside permanent way workers £5.75
36-043 Station Staff £5.75
36-044 Station passengers standing £5.75
36-045 Station passengers sitting £5.75
36-046 Shopping figures £5.75
36-047 Locomotive staff £5.75
36-048 Building site workers £5.75
36-049 Trackside workers £5.75

G Scale (2 figures per packet)

36-1040A Businessmen £7.25
36-1040B Businessmen £7.25
36-1040C Businessmen £7.25
36-1041A Police & security staff £7.25
36-1041B Police & security staff £7.25
36-1041C Police & security staff £7.25
36-1042 Lineside permanent way workers £7.25
36-1043 Station Staff £7.25
36-1044 Station passengers standing £7.25
36-1045 Station passengers sitting £7.25
36-1046 Shopping figures £7.25
36-1047 Locomotive staff £7.25
36-1048 Building site workers £7.25
36-1049 Trackside workers £7.25

The new range is currently enroute to us and expected to be available next month

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have added a few photos of the trains mentioned in the news stories to the stories above and here are some more:

In the N-Scale Graham Farish range:

Jubilee

Class 66

Class 37

In the OO-Scale Bachmann Branchline range:

Jubilee

Class 66

BR Standard Class 4

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
If the people are nicely detailed OO and British in character and hand painted then £1 a person does not seem over the top.

Very nice images by the way. Bachmann are clearly learning how to do it. Every loco is on the track!

Although I do sense that the Standard Class 4 at the bottom has a tender wheel that is cocking up...

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (Gary)the Standard Class 4 at the bottom has a tender wheel that is cocking up...

looks like the tender is taking a slash! now i know what the water scoop is for!!!

Seriously though. does anyone know if there was any sign of the chinese NJ2's or the DB3's (that are actually made and were in the cabinate at warley but arnt listed on bachmann website.)

the jubilee looks nice but please can we have it in LMS maroon not just BR green?

Peter

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 25 Jul 2007, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Seriously though. does anyone know if there was any sign of the chinese NJ2's or the DB3's (that are actually made and were in the cabinate at warley but arnt listed on bachmann website.)

Peter
Have you looked at the Bachmann China website?

Incidentally if you have already, what is that portrait of a guy that floats about the screen all about?

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood)Have you looked at the Bachmann China website?
Incidentally if you have already, what is that portrait of a guy that floats about the screen all about?

I have checked the Chinese web site but it isnt any better than the UK one. its getting silly. no catalouge since 1993.
the model that was on the Warley stand isnt even mentioned on the UK site.

The best way of finding out whats going on with the chinese range is to lick a finger and raise in into the air and see which way the wind is blowing.

Also i have heard that if you see sheep going round in circles just after a thunderstorm on the second friday of the month it means a new model is due.

Peter

·
Registered
174 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 25 Jul 2007, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have checked the Chinese web site but it isnt any better than the UK one. its getting silly. no catalouge since 1993.
the model that was on the Warley stand isnt even mentioned on the UK site.

The best way of finding out whats going on with the chinese range is to lick a finger and raise in into the air and see which way the wind is blowing.

Also i have heard that if you see sheep going round in circles just after a thunderstorm on the second friday of the month it means a new model is due.

Peter
Peter,

Bachmann china details

This states Aug/sept, sept/oct and £91.55 for the price for NJ2's. Nothing for the DB3's though

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 25 Jul 2007, 11:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>IAlso i have heard that if you see sheep going round in circles just after a thunderstorm on the second friday of the month it means a new model is due.

In that case the weather over the last few weeks must mean that all of our wish lists are to be produced by one manufacturer or another

Regards

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (darobi @ 25 Jul 2007, 14:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Peter,
Bachmann china details

This states Aug/sept, sept/oct and £91.55 for the price for NJ2's. Nothing for the DB3's though

thanks for that. I think i may have one reserved at ECHO so i might just beat bachmanns container back to the UK with mine!

Peter

·
DT
4,794 Posts

Bachmann vans. No further info on them.

No photos of Scenecraft figures at present - we will hopefully get some soon.

The Scenecraft buildings are well under way - further information will be released in the next few weeks.

Dynamis should be launched in September. Price increase due to transformer being increased from 1 amp to 2.5 amps.

·
Registered
697 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 26 Jul 2007, 11:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dynamis should be launched in September. Price increase due to transformer being increased from 1 amp to 2.5 amps.
That's interesting.
As far as I'm aware, the transformer was always 2.5 amps. The very first info gave this figure, it was on their leaflets at Ally Pally (I have one in front of me as I type) and given verbally at Warley and Ally Pally.
The Dynamis web site has only ever given this info too.
QUOTE Q - What is the power output?

A - Dynamis is supplied with a 2.5amp power supply at 15.5 Volts stabilized to the load being taken.

Q - How many trains can I run?

A - The limitations of how many trains can be run at anyone time is down to the power supply - the 2.5amps power supply may allow up to 6+ trains to run at the same time depending on what functions are being used on each locomotive.

Q - How many locomotives can Dynamis control at once?

A - Each handset has the capability to control one train at once, in addition the 2.5 amps power supply will allow for 6 to 10 locomotives to be running in background mode, however at any one time you can call upon any of the 40 locomotives in the E-Z database.

Think about the quoted capabilities of the system?? I don't think 1 amp would have been enough??
Is this just an excuse?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bachmann's BR standards and locos in general are excellent, I usually end up with one or more of each release that interests me. I'm sure their Jubilee will add to that - but why, when the detail on the rest is so very good, do they persist in aligning (and moulding) the tender brake shoes/actuators etc in line with the frames and not the wheels? Hornby can get it right - so please could Bachmann follow suit!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwilson9 @ 27 Jul 2007, 10:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bachmann's BR standards and locos in general are excellent, I usually end up with one or more of each release that interests me. I'm sure their Jubilee will add to that - but why, when the detail on the rest is so very good, do they persist in aligning (and moulding) the tender brake shoes/actuators etc in line with the frames and not the wheels? Hornby can get it right - so please could Bachmann follow suit!

Is this something to do with allowing conversion to P4 and EM?

Regards

1 - 18 of 18 Posts