Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day ladies and gents. Well where to start. It's been over a year since my last post to this forum, apart from the two I did yesterday, and this absence has made me realise just how frail and fragile we can become. As I passed the fifty mark last year I was unaware that life was deal me a hand that I was completely unprepared for. I'll leave the deatails out as it'll just bore people but suffice to say I have now recovered, twice to be exact, to the point where I'm back at work, I'm rebuilding much of my loco collection and I'm building a new layout. Hopefully the the therapy has paid off, the physical ailments are, for the most part gone but not for good which is something I now have to live with. Now as I get back into the swing of things hopefully you'll forgive me if ask questions to which there are already answers.

Kind regards
Charles Emerson
Millmerran
Queensland

AKA Ozzie21

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE It's been over a year since my last post to this forum, apart from the two I did yesterday

I noticed. Glad to see you back, hope that your recovery continues and look forward to your comments and questions.

David

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, it's good to be back. Unfortunately no new loco's have been built. I haven't had the patience or interest. Hell I haven't finished any of the ones I have started but that'll change.

Reagrds
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Welcome back Charles, you have been missed. Since I started off on this forum I have had loads of good advice from Charles which has really helped me a lot, as well as sharing DVD's.

I never got round to getting that Garratt kit Charles. However once I do you'll find your inbox clogged up with questions.

Good to have you back mate. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neil, If you want a Garrett well I'd be trying real hard to get one. From what I've heard getting one from AR Kits is nigh impossible. I'm know the owner was ill and the business is up for sale and things have been in short supply. I may have one up for sale shortly. I'll let you know.

Regards
Charles

QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 22 Sep 2008, 07:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome back Charles, you have been missed. Since I started off on this forum I have had loads of good advice from Charles which has really helped me a lot, as well as sharing DVD's.

I never got round to getting that Garratt kit Charles. However once I do you'll find your inbox clogged up with questions.

Good to have you back mate. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers

Neil

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome back to the fold Ozzie, I was only wondering the other day what had happened to you.

Regards

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 22 Sep 2008, 22:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil, If you want a Garrett well I'd be trying real hard to get one. From what I've heard getting one from AR Kits is nigh impossible. I'm know the owner was ill and the business is up for sale and things have been in short supply. I may have one up for sale shortly. I'll let you know.

Regards
Charles
Charles,

I got round to buying the Eureka one. If I do one now it would probably be the SAR GMA/M Garratt I'd be after. I really need to start on something smaller though.

Cheers

Neil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts