Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding with more than a few of my Brawa stock that once I place the couplings on the loco/carriage, that the item will no longer fit in the box. In particular the hospital train and my E95 amoungst others. You'd think they would have thought of that beforehand!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 16 Dec 2008, 08:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Simon you should regard yourself lucky, Dougs solution is the best way to sort that out.
What if your box was a Roco one? A total nightmare.

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index...ic=2546&hl=

Baykal

Mine are all polystyrene , as yet I've not had a problem with the Roco models I own. I guess you'd need a hot knife or something to cut a cube out otherwise.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (Doug @ 16 Dec 2008, 07:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On some of my continental models (Lilliput?) it says that the box must be cut to accommodate the couplers. If it is a plastic frame, then cut out an area where the coupler goes - it shouldn't affect the integrity of the box as long as you cut carefully and not all the way across the frame. The polystyrene boxes can be trimmed with a model knife.

I've considered that but I'd in effect damage my box. You'd think they would have moulded a recess into the box when they made it in the first place!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (72C @ 16 Dec 2008, 22:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excuse my stupidity, please.

Why not gently remove the couplings before putting the model in the box? Simpler and less damaging to both box and model.

Tim

Its a lot of messing about and getting a coupler out of a NEM socket can be a fiddly business. I'll probably end up doing that rather than trashing the box though. For now I'll just leave the models on display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.