Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Dragon Trainer
Currently residing at Dragon鈥檚 Edge, living on The Edge! 馃榾
The "railings" are from the Tri-ang Railways River Bridge....

The Tri-ang 3-arch Viaduct has "Southern Railway" on the plate over the centre arch.

Both bridges have been made by Hornby recently....

The 1F is, I believe, Right Hand Drive, so the driver is indeed relaxed, while the Fireman seems to be more pre-occupied!

I think the LMS may have painted cab interiors, above a certain datum line, cream?

Or, possibly the regular crew like a clean cab!

Compare the Bachmann model with this one! (Yes, the Hornby / Crownline version!
)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nice job, I have over 100 kit locos from late father but those which have dcc sure need some maintenance so a number are not working currently, and of those where a recent model is available rarely compare as well, I rebuilt my J6 but its not quite right.

Anyway your effort does look good Sarah

Dragon Trainer
Currently residing at Dragon鈥檚 Edge, living on The Edge! 馃榾
Thanks.

With a limited budget, we have gone for a few kits lately...

In stock for the future are two P class kits, one beingthe Finecast white metal body, and the other being the resin cast body...neither cost 脗拢99.00!

It is just as well that we do not include our labour in the budget though!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well as to the OO layout I have done really very little in the last three years, I have been working, am doing quite high car miles and as I run on bangernomics then I have been spending quite a lot on motoring, my car fleet is like the locos you gotta have spares or the service will not go on.
Some of you know that after the 2019 visit to hospital (on Christmas day) I built an OO9 model as actually this did not involve the crawl under which at that time I could not do, so I only purchased an A2/2 and found this had to have deeper flanged front bogie wheels actually using spare Wrenn wagon wheels, it works but looks a little odd, other than that I have spent nothing on the OO railway the spend going into the OO9 whilst it seems that the long wait for various promised models is getting longer.

However back to the wish list and it looks as if Hornby have heard my suggestion and a later Bugatti streamlined A2 is inn the works this will look good alongside the W! version (only needs a B17 type to have a set although not so bothered about this one)

I am also waiting for the right N7 I have the plate for one of these so time I got around to researching it, built at Gorton so it has to be a decent loco but so far a late BR version has not appeared, the O2/2 is still nowhere to be seen although the Heljan Baldwin L&B 2-4-2t has been very good so far perhaps going some way to restoring faith in the product.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts