Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Its Barrow Hills LNER gala this weekend, anyone going?Andii has twisted my arm (ouch!!) and said that we had to go, so after I put up a fight (good job the wife is an A & E nurse) I agreeded (well couldnt let him go alone now could I)

We are going on Saturday and are hoping to be there by 9am ish ready to be at the head of the que (bro, curry cobs?)

Anyone else planning a trip?Only down side, had a look on www.uksteam.info earlier and it looks like that SNG is not attending anymore, she was due to make a light engine move today from NRM York to Barrow Hill in double header formation with UoSA plus support coach, but Nos 9 went alone looking at the timings page

Anyone want to do a Warley style meet up?

We are also thinking, if we get round everyone before its late, may also take in the Midland Railway Centre down the road and drop in on Princess Margrate Rose

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I'd love to be there but family commitments mean I'm stuck here for the weekend....

Have fun!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I would love to go but alas have promised SWMBO to spend the weekend together at home. Would love to meet up with you both later in the year at Warley though.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Hi Guys
As Bro said we went over to Barrow Hill today, the sun came out and the smell of steam was intoxicating.
I'd never been to the Roundhouse before and was really impressed with the level of access that you are allowed, it's so rare in these days of litigation to be allowed so close to a moving steam locomotive. Well done to all those who had any involvement in the planning and running of this event.

Right to the photos, there's alot. The beauty of digital photography you can take loads without wasting anything, if they don't come out as planned you just delete them.

To give you an idea of the crowds

We did just get over to Butterley, just but not in time to catch the train to the shed at the other end of the line, we did cop the Capperotti standard 5 though

Without that damn post this would have been a perfect shot, at least the post shows I was right side of the fence.

A nice close up of the valve gear

Hope you stuck with me through all those, Bro will be along with his selection soon.

Andii

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Excellent pictures Andii, Thanks for sharing them with us.

Kind regards

Paul

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as Andii said, here I am with my offerings from our day out to Barrow Hill, who ever did a dance to the sun god in the morning a big thumbs up
great sunshine for showing these lovely ladies off.

I took far to many pics to show them all here so these are just a selection of the better ones

Hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them

First are the shots of the A4's with a few others in what I can only imagine what Top Shed may have looked like

Inside the round house

Tornado and her 'little' sister

Other Peppercorns

The first of these two is of Nos 9's support coach, will be useful when it comes to making one up for my 'Green Train'
The next one was one of those weird co-incidiences (sorry I am a hopeless speller) that happens every now and then, only on Wednesday I took delivery of a Lima 67 remumbered into 67028 to use as the rear gunner for my rail tour set, and look which one was one one end of a visiting rail tour yesterday

And lastly, a couple of shots of the Std 5 at Butterley

Brian

PS Did anyone spot Andii lurking in one of the pictures, sorry bro, couldnt not share it!

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Yes I did see Andii in the one picture under the number 8217! As I did meet you both at Warley last year!.

Again great photo's and thanks for posting them! God I wished I had gone now!.

Kind regards

Paul

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Excellent photos both, and thanks for sharing them. It's also nice to see a work stained A4!

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts