Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
well I just checked mine, here goes, "Very Lord Thunder the clement of Featherstonehaugh St Fanshaw" thats a mouthfull, think i will just stick to Thunder, BTW were is Featherstonehaugh?

·
Registered
894 Posts
The Very Reverend Hairyhandedfool the Sardonic of Barton in the Beans

What the flid does sardonic mean?? and why do I get the beans?

·
garage hobbit!!!
1,715 Posts
I did it and shall now be known as:

Sir Brian The Intransigent of Giggleswick on the Naze

I will bow before no one!

Brian

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Try this for size......

Bishop Lord David the contrite of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilioggogoch!

(well it has got a railway station)

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 8 May 2008, 11:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Try this for size......

Bishop Lord David the contrite of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilioggogoch!

(well it has got a railway station)

Regards

Should'nt that be "Beershop"

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 8 May 2008, 11:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Should'nt that be "Beershop"

Actually I believe that Llanfairpg does have a micro brewery - never been there though.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Thunder @ 8 May 2008, 07:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BTW were is Featherstonehaugh?

Apparently it's on the East bank of the South Tyne about 3 miles from Haltwhistle.

Regards

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I've had a go and now you lesser mortals will refer to me as
His Excellency Andii the Lachrymose of Throcking in the Hole

Thank you

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (41235 @ 8 May 2008, 22:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have had a go, I think it has swore at me (ha ha) what does DEFENESTRATED mean ?
Anyone know ?
Thrown out of a window - it was quite popular in medieval Europe where crowds of the vexed would hurl the town councillors out of the windows of the town hall, normally resulting in serious injury or death I think. Sometimes they even opened the shutters first! A superlative word.

Yours sincerely,
Her Most Serene Highness Lady Goedel the Crepuscular of Much Leering

This is fun!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 8 May 2008, 23:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thrown out of a window - it was quite popular in medieval Europe where crowds of the vexed would hurl the town councillors out of the windows of the town hall, normally resulting in serious injury or death I think. Sometimes they even opened the shutters first! A superlative word.
Maybe we could revive this custom - starting with the present occupier of 10 Downing Street , then County Hall (oh, sorry, just got rid of Ken) & then on to the local councils, not fogetting the various quango's on the way !

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 9 May 2008, 07:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maybe we could revive this custom - starting with the present occupier of 10 Downing Street ,

I'll go along with that then I might get a pay increase before 2010.

Regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts