Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have several motorized and illuminated Lego trains, and lots of track, have been thinking about doing a garden layout with them, would that count as a garden railway :unsure:
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Alan, Your Lego trains look good. If you build an outdoor layout that would definately be a garden railway. Lego is a bit different to the bricks that I and my brother played with in the 60's! I was very impressed seeing a couple layouts and other model displays of Lego models at a Model Railway Show at Bressingham in Norfolk a year or so ago. Have fun outside, at least when it's not raining.
Chris
Thanks for your comments Chris.
The one thing is that the track is plastic and shouldn't be effected by the weather, apart perhaps by some fading.
I know what you mean, back in the day Lego was just several different size and shaped bricks and you used your imagination to create something. Now they have all sorts of dedicated kit parts to create great (and expensive :LOL:) representations of things ancient ,modern and futuristic. I am a sucker for large kits that can be illuminated, and have spent a small fortune over the last few years.
My latest addition being the Colosseum in Rome, I think their biggest kit to date, haven't started on it yet, but I have the obligatory lighting kit and Perspex display case :rolleyes:
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hi Chris,
Not an expert on this, but if the limit is 20Mb, then you need to use some video editing software to either reduce the length of the video or reduce the quality of playback to get below the 20Mb file size.
There are some free ones you can download but they can come with usage restrictions, usually uploading your finished projects. I use Wondershare Filmora9 , can't remember cost of full version, but it lets you do lots of things, like cutting, cropping, joining different videos together, adding soundtracks, filters and more.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hi Chris,
That's great, loved it that the loco picked up some vegetation on the way round. :)
Also noticed a bit of de-rail on the loco early in the video, is that an issue with the trackwork, or just a one off
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hi Chris,
Great video
I was just going to reply saying that you need to keep the pruning in check with a garden railway, but it seems you have bigger problems to think about.
Hope you get this sorted.
Loved the aerial shots too.
Regards
Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts