Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wondered what are the best, in terms of realism, trees for an ho/oo display. I'm not very good at making things so would be prepared to pay a good price for realistic Chesnut, Oak trees and similar. Any help / pointers appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Ruffin,

You say you are not very good at making things but it's only a question of practice really. There are some very good and realistic trees around but, at anything up to £12 each, I decided I could afford a lot of mistakes before getting it right. I am making trees by several methods and, with practice, am achieveing some good results at a cost of just a few pence each. I first tried using twisted bare copper wire (0.67mm²), dipped in epoxy, painted and foliaged which has produced some pretty realistic trees. Some of the quicker methods use twigs, dried grape stalks, dried hydrangea flowers and dried sea fern.

If, you really can't get to grips with this have a look at http://themodeltreeshop.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Regards,

Expat

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. Im not sure the exact type of trees you are after but i Know Elaine from Twiggy things/unitmodels makes customer trees. Shes very affordable and from what ive seen the trees are top notch. I regularly see her and Dave at shows in the Uk. Might be worth speaking to her next time you are at one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts