Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Shovellers..

I am planning on adding an extension to my N Gauge layout, and I would just like your thoughts as to what is the best track to use? with my first layout I used Peco N.. but is there anything better?
Puzzler..

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I am not an N gauge modeller, but my observations are that Peco code 55 plain track looks good, but the illusion is let down by the clunky appearance of the points/turnouts.

I do rather like what our American cousins have to play with...MicroEngineering's{?} code 40, and code55 track, and turnouts....not EASILY available in this country, but obtainable, and of course available direct from the 'States?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You..

I have just been to .. http://www.pawstrains.com they have some interesting stuff..

Puzzler..

QUOTE (alastairq @ 22 Jun 2008, 10:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am not an N gauge modeller, but my observations are that Peco code 55 plain track looks good, but the illusion is let down by the clunky appearance of the points/turnouts.

I do rather like what our American cousins have to play with...MicroEngineering's{?} code 40, and code55 track, and turnouts....not EASILY available in this country, but obtainable, and of course available direct from the 'States?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts