Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a question for those that have been there; What's the best model train shop in Germany within a 2 hr drive of Frankfurt on the basis of in store stock. I'm talking about crammed shelves with brands other than just Marklin. Disregard what they say or sell off the internet. I'm talking about walking in the door and having a large selection in ALL scales and especially N but HO, O and 1 as well.

2 hrs x average speed of 110 mph = 220 mile radius.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I would guess there is at least one in Nurnberg - is that in range?

Regards

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I'd guess you're right there Dennis

Regards

John

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I usually buy my stuff at a store called "Train & Play" in downtown Hannover - but that would probably take too much time for you to get here.

I can try and post your request on a German forum - let´s see what the guys around frankfurt consider a store worthwhile to visit.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 24 May 2007, 17:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can try and post your request on a German forum - let´s see what the guys around frankfurt consider a store worthwhile to visit.

Done that.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 24 May 2007, 22:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would guess there is at least one in Nurnberg - is that in range?

Regards

John
Depends what car you're driving and how fast you go. I managed it in my mates car, although that was from Erlangen (near Nurnberg) to Frankfurt airport.

I dread to think how much dosh I'd part with if I went to that store that Dennis has posted pictures of. I couldn't help myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts