Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 8 Aug 2006, 18:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>Peco PL13
If that's the single pole 'thing' made of plastic and a bit of copper clad paxolin, don't touch it. They are very stiff and need a lot of extra "oomph" to drive them. Since you are considering DCC, you really need a minimum of two circuits (poles) - one to switch the poles and the other to provide feedback /if/ you want to have PC control in the future. If you want to buy Peco products that means going for the dual microswitch. They are a bit fiddly to put together but the switches are good quality. The down side is that when you add the cost of these switches to the cost of the motor it's more expensive than Fulgurex or Seep which come with switches included. At that point, the Peco advantage is ease of installation (provided you don't mind making the big hole) but the Peco loses on cost and the really horrid "snap" action.

David

I agree about the PL13 !

I have some Peco Electrofrog points powered by Fulgurex motors using the micro switches for the frogs - worked fine on analogue (I do all my testing using analogue) but as soon as I powered up with DCC I had a short circuit indication on switching the points - I eventually traced the problem to the point itself swiching slightly before the microswitch. With very careful adjustment this was cured but in the end it was easier to build enough tension into the movement to keep the pointrail contacts secure.

best regards
Brian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.