Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (andrew @ 23 Mar 2009, 17:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I remember reading long ago about a model he built of William Stroudley's "Como" that involved him crawling inside the tender of the original to ensure that he had every detail correct.

It looks very nice but really some people really need to get a life outside of modelling! Each to there own though!

Kind regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Hi Richard

Many thanks for your kind words on my garden railway (update soon on its way).

Can I say that as a case in fact I do actually agree with what you say and that modelling is a case of "personal goals" and not what should please other people. I was merely expressing (somewhat directly) i suppose that there is life outside of railway modelling and to be fair I did also say "each to their own".

I would like it known that at NO point do I wish to put down modellers that wish to go that extra mile in their quest for "accurate modelling". I also would like to add that I actually admire those who can do this. I think if you look at my posts on this site you will find that I do nothing if not "encourage" people to do there best and in many cases applaude what they have done. In fact to go further on this note I have been round to a member of this forums house and had a look at his model railway and given much advice on the best course of action to help him "enjoy" his hobby.

May I end this post with an apology to all those out there that may have been offended by my "tongue in cheek" comment and be assured that in future I shall keep any negative thougths to my self.

On a lighter note Richard may I say a huge thankyou to you for helping me with my wiring on my shed layout, It has worked a dream ever since.

Kind regards

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.