Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I disagree with that. i think it is enough of a novelty to justify its production. plus it has worldwide apeal. and as its steam, the model is not going to go out of date any time soon!

I think it has a similar level of appeal to the chinese QJ and once it was made it has proven to be a steady seller.

I really must get around to doing the valvegear on mine. i have the etches, i just always seem to have something better to do.

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Neil i dont hassle anyone. i politely lobby them. there is a huge difference.

"So howcome no-ones making a budget one?" they cant make one of evrything.

Allegheny- the riv was a good model but hardly a budget one at £300! perhaps you should see a model and run it before dismissing it as a poor one.

Peter

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
There has to be a happy medium. between a very basic model and an all singing, all dancing model.

I think hornby does that very well.
incidently i dont think the RIV models will sell very well. they have kept the lima pricing which is distinctly over the top.
lima were having toruble shifting models so they would put their prices up to make there balance sheet look good.

i really cant believe that they are still trying to get £150+ for the TGV's when there are competeing models on the market now.

Comming back to the Big Boy, i honestly dont believe this model has been retooled. i think its the same as the last lima ones. mine was one of the last off the italian production line and its a very good model. but its not "retooled" as hornby are claiming.

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.