Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
He's tried to keep it a secret but he let slip that today is his birthday. I'm sure you'll all want to send him a personal message with many happy returns of the day,
Happy Birthday Gary
Now who wants to run a book on how old he is

He was the oldest member to meet us today at Warley

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 1 Dec 2007, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>He was the oldest member to meet us today at Warley

Hmm, I know how old I am, and looking at the piccy of our Gary, along with other details gleaned over the months, Iwould estimate him to be around 45......

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
I'm older than people normally think. It is a very rare occasion that somebody gets my age right. If the Rolling Stones can keep going then so can I!

Those who know my age accuse me of having a "smiley face" which makes guessing trickey according to them. It probably also helps that I have inheritted my mums genes as she still has natural dark hair.

I did enjoy a piece of Warley MRC birthday cake by the way. I was allowed to have more than one piece!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 3 Dec 2007, 11:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm older than people normally think. It is a very rare occasion that somebody gets my age right. If the Rolling Stones can keep going then so can I!

Which doesn't actually tell us much - keeping the cards close to the chest
. However I know what you mean about not looking ones age.

I think the rolling stones reference could be a two edged sword.....................

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Dec 2007, 10:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmm, I know how old I am, and looking at the piccy of our Gary, along with other details gleaned over the months, Iwould estimate him to be around 45......

Regards

It's not so much how old we are - it's how we feel & whether we can remember things like what we are supposed to be doing on which day or not

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 3 Dec 2007, 11:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's not so much how old we are - it's how we feel & whether we can remember things like what we are supposed to be doing on which day or not

Ouch! - but surely this comment belongs on the Alzheimers thread?

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Dec 2007, 13:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ouch! - but surely this comment belongs on the Alzheimers thread?

Regards

Even I have my limits when taking the p***. The Alzheimers thread is a serious subject with some very good points.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
If we average the three guesses so far we end up with 49 - are we getting close?

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Its more 50's than 40's.

It would have been hard to have started with "Hornby Hornby" if it was a 40's job.

I go to Status Quo concerts if that helps and I also like Pink Floyd, The Stranglers and Hawkwind as well as The Rolling Stones and The Who. Also got a few Queen albums (all of them?) and sing Queen tracks at French karioki nights! Those French songs are rubbish and the French appreciate a Brit singing Brit songs.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
51?

And you're still welcome in France?

Regards

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Gary @ 5 Dec 2007, 13:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its more 50's than 40's.

I go to Status Quo concerts
Also got a few Queen albums

Gary
I've seen the Quo and also have some Queen albums so that only says you have good taste not that you're an "old fart"

My Pops is 55 later this month and I'd wager you're a little younger than him, you've certianly got better hearing, Hey Bro

52 then will be my stap at it

·
Registered
97 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 5 Dec 2007, 13:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its more 50's than 40's.

It would have been hard to have started with "Hornby Hornby" if it was a 40's job.

I go to Status Quo concerts if that helps and I also like Pink Floyd, The Stranglers and Hawkwind as well as The Rolling Stones and The Who. Also got a few Queen albums (all of them?) and sing Queen tracks at French karioki nights! Those French songs are rubbish and the French appreciate a Brit singing Brit songs.

Happy modelling
Gary

That doesn't help really. I like the Who, The Floyd, The stones, status quo and Queen and I'm sooooooooooooo much younger than you.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 6 Dec 2007, 00:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its more 50's than 40's.

Happy modelling
Gary
Thats a worry, those are all groups I went to see when I was young. I saw Hawkwind three times, sort of.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 5 Dec 2007, 23:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a worry, those are all groups I went to see when I was young. I saw Hawkwind three times, sort of.

Ditto, I even worked with Hawkwind once - they were so stoned/smashed they didn't even know where they were and had managed to leave some of their gear at another venue. That was weird.

Regards

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'll say 54. Just to be a little different!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts