Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts

Has any one seen or tried these point motors? They seem identical to Tortoise but only cost US$10.95. If they are the same that is a very good price.

I have just noticed that it says they are a manual turnout controller. Would that mean you are switching it by hand under the table?

That seems to be what it looks like in the picture.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 26 Sep 2007, 06:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has any one seen or tried these point motors? They seem identical to Tortoise but only cost US$10.95. If they are the same that is a very good price.

I have just noticed that it says they are a manual turnout controller. Would that mean you are switching it by hand under the table?

That seems to be what it looks like in the picture.

Looks like a device to change the direction of throw - looks useful though.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
Hi

I have the AU distribution for them and will start stocking soon (as soon as we settle in new premises - now underway with the move!).

The RRP will be less than the $10.95 US equivalent - about $A12 - down more for quantity

They are a manual throw device with polarity changeover built in - locking and very positive.

Richard
DCCconcepts
Perth AU

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Neil, your pic has a rod from the motor on the LHS - according to the instructions, that is a rod from model airctaft modelling extending to the baseboard edge for operation. As Richard said, they do have a positive locking.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Although these are a manual throw, they are well worth thinking about as you would be guaranteed a 100% success rate. As Ron says if this rod extend to the end of the baseboard you could set up a signal box type arrangement for control of a section. This would also reduce the need for an extra AC power source.

It's an option worth considering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts