Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
An intriguing time capsule! I wonder what the smell is like in those disused tunnels? Lucky the photographer and his guide didn't drown in any of the tunnels flooded by the sweat of commuters from the upper levels...

I typed the Blue Pullman route into a ticket website and it seems the same journey on a Monday morning next week via Cheadle Hulme takes 20 minutes less (or rather the replacement bus service does!!)...is that an improvement? I wonder how much more expensive in real terms the same ticket is today? Should check the times and price for the steam era also...

Goedel

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (goedel @ 13 May 2007, 00:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>An intriguing time capsule! I wonder what the smell is like in those disused tunnels? Lucky the photographer and his guide didn't drown in any of the tunnels flooded by the sweat of commuters from the upper levels...

I typed the Blue Pullman route into a ticket website and it seems the same journey on a Monday morning next week via Cheadle Hulme takes 20 minutes less (or rather the replacement bus service does!!)...is that an improvement? I wonder how much more expensive in real terms the same ticket is today? Should check the times and price for the steam era also...

Goedel

Sorry, I dont have a very good sense of smell.

Note the Tunnel posters date from 1967.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evening, hope you didn't mind me posting the link.
Are you a regular here or did you see the referer tags.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hmm...

It makes you wonder what else has survived in similar circumstances?

Regards

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts