Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Unpick, I have two of the BLI AC6000 except mine are QSI fitted locos. The running gear is identical and the only difference is in the Blueline decoder as opposed to a full QSI decoder. I wouldn't use a Digitrax decoder instead I would fit a TCS DP2X.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (upnick @ 22 Mar 2009, 20:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi All,

If my memory serves me correctly i saw a recomendation on Blueline locos here for their running qualities and sound fitted as in this loco, can anyone refresh my memory as to how good they are especially this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...sid=p2759.l1259

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 22 Mar 2009, 12:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Unpick, I have two of the BLI AC6000 except mine are QSI fitted locos. The running gear is identical and the only difference is in the Blueline decoder as opposed to a full QSI decoder. I wouldn't use a Digitrax decoder instead I would fit a TCS DP2X.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the information
in the listing it mentions Digitrax/Qsi i presume the Digitrax is the host decoder for the Qsi ?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Unpick, Not sure what they meant as the Blueline decoder is home made by BLI rather than a QSI decoder. I'm not a fan of the Blueline decoder, nothing wrong with the locos as they are standard BLI, to many things go wrong with the decoder, reed switches fail, won't program properly, diesels won't consist using advance consisting though I have heard that that may have been fixed. Personally I'd save your pennies and get a Paragon 2 version, a little bit more expensive but a lot more stable.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (upnick @ 23 Mar 2009, 18:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Charles,

Thanks for the information
in the listing it mentions Digitrax/Qsi i presume the Digitrax is the host decoder for the Qsi ?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Hi Charles good advice think i'll look around for something else fitted with a better sound system installed ......... Just got a nice Kato snoot nose BNSF SD40 that would be good with sound

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
They are nice though I find them a bit light. I have 4 Kato Dash 9's in Espee and a pair of AC44's also in Espee awaiting sound. Then there's the Kato SD80MAC's in Conrail now these are going to be fun as they were designed before the Sound Era and will require a little work to get the sound decoder and speaker in.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (upnick @ 24 Mar 2009, 07:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Charles good advice think i'll look around for something else fitted with a better sound system installed ......... Just got a nice Kato snoot nose BNSF SD40 that would be good with sound

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 23 Mar 2009, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are nice though I find them a bit light. I have 4 Kato Dash 9's in Espee and a pair of AC44's also in Espee awaiting sound. Then there's the Kato SD80MAC's in Conrail now these are going to be fun as they were designed before the Sound Era and will require a little work to get the sound decoder and speaker in.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

Hi Charles the locos should be great with sound in
do like the SD80 i have a Kato in NS but in the other scale i model N

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I used to model in N but the eyesight is makijng it difficult. It's bad enough seeing the little bits in HO.

Charles emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (upnick @ 24 Mar 2009, 08:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Charles the locos should be great with sound in
do like the SD80 i have a Kato in NS but in the other scale i model N

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is true Charles the detail parts on some of the N scale are just that bit too fiddly

·
Registered
36 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 23 Mar 2009, 12:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Personally I'd save your pennies and get a Paragon 2 version, a little bit more expensive but a lot more stable.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

At the price that auction ended, so would I.

I have a few bluelines, and havent had any problems with them, they can be had extremely cheaply from places like Factory Direct in the US, this engine was on offer at $89.99 a month or so ago , even allowing Vat and postage, they still represent excellent value for money though, but there is a downside.

Most of the deisel sounds only have three notches, rather than the 8 the prototype and the various qsi/sountraxx decoders have, and they are a little fiddly to get set up intially with the two decoders. I still think that when you are paying less than £100 all in, they are good value for what they are.

The paragon 2 certainly more expensive , and whilst the bodies are probably the same as the blueline , the sound is greatly enhanced .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts