Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Noting the recomendations within threads elsewhere lets highlight the two books so far suggested.

This book is an intensive general guide to DCC and is highly recommended by makemineadouble. It may be a bit more technical than the second book listed:-

The book makemineadouble would recommend for absolute beginners is "DCC made easy" currently on special at Amazon for 7.73 sterling. It's an easy to read and simple for beginners to understand:-

Link to Amazon for this book in the Resources section.

Any more recommendations?

Any Euro books available?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
98 Posts
MMD would in fact recommend both books as he is also a Digitrax user!

I got started with the Ames, Loiseaux and Friburg book. So I can wholeheartedly recommend that one, if you can get it.

The shortest, but still useful, is Introducing Dcc by the good old Railway Modeller

and still only fifty pence!

TVBG

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dennis, MMD,

My little comment about MMD and the digitrax book was meant in a light hearted manner. Perhaps it doesn't appear that way. So, please do not think I wish to further silly digitrax v Lenz arguments here. I have no time for them myself.

As a Lenz user I would still read the book and I value very much MMD's contributions. Little does he know that he has helped me a great deal in the past too!

Keep the info flowing

p.s I like the pics in this thread, thanks for taking the time posters

TVBG

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
quite relaxed myself. No we don't want any of that mines better than yours stuff on this forum.
Looking forward to seeing a modular layout on Sunday. Waiting for planning permission can be very frustrating. If I get the permission I'll be converting a double garage into a tripple plus giving me 28ft x 18ft for Doug's benfit that's 8.61m x 5.53m. The garage is getting the full treatment, windows to replace doors, dry linning and insulation, ceiling with insualtion. Naturally I'm going to fit a heating system in as well, it's what we would call a studio
. It also has an alarm system. I really miss running trains, it's so relaxing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts