Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting round to thinking about the terminus section of my layout. I'd like to base this on Bournemouth West, simply because I spent many happy hours there as a trainspotter in the 50's and 60's and it probably sealed my love affair with the steam engine.
Problem is there seems to be very little reference material available, certainly on the internet.
Does anyone have any suggestions for sources that I could use to come up with a basic plan?
I'm not going to model down to the last brick and rivet, but I would like to represent the basic structure reasonably accurately.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
The Middleton Press (www.middletonpress.co.uk) have dozens of books on various parts of the railway system. It's quite likely they have one on this line and this will not only give you plans but pictures of the buildings etc.

Regards,
John Webb

·
Registered
276 Posts
QUOTE (ChrisNP @ 23 Oct 2008, 18:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm getting round to thinking about the terminus section of my layout. I'd like to base this on Bournemouth West, simply because I spent many happy hours there as a trainspotter in the 50's and 60's and it probably sealed my love affair with the steam engine.
Problem is there seems to be very little reference material available, certainly on the internet.
Does anyone have any suggestions for sources that I could use to come up with a basic plan?
I'm not going to model down to the last brick and rivet, but I would like to represent the basic structure reasonably accurately.
Thanks in advance

Sorry to say, but you'de be better off with some where else, or searching for the 'Holy Grail'. The best source of info I've seen to date is an old Telerail video titled 'Hampshire' in their 'World Of Steam' series.
Paul M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts