Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got sent some pictures of BR standard 5 '73096' with some serious piston and cylinder damage. I had a quick look on '73096's website but can't see any information. Can anyone confirm the damage as it looks like pretty serious water hammer has basically destroyed one cylinder and wrecked the cylinder head and piston on the other.

Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Any date of the pictures available? I don't recall reading anything about problems in preservation, so they might have been taken during BR service.

Regards,
John

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry John but no. The information in the email says Quote> More photos of the weekend's cylinder damage.< I assume the person who signed the email is referring to the previous week end. I don't want to post the pictures as they may be copyright.

Regards
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

QUOTE (John Webb @ 20 Mar 2009, 20:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any date of the pictures available? I don't recall reading anything about problems in preservation, so they might have been taken during BR service.

Regards,
John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I think there's a well known technical phrase for that, however I can't use it on an open forum!

Regards

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pictures I received show the damage more clearly but are pretty much the same. Someone is going to a bit busy with new castings.
Charles Emerson
Queensland
Australia

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Ozzie21 @ 20 Mar 2009, 13:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Someone is going to a bit busy with new castings.

Not to mention rather busy raising the required funds.

Regards

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 20 Mar 2009, 12:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think there's a well known technical phrase for that, however I can't use it on an open forum!

Regards

Broken
Damaged
Un-servicable

Did I use one of the un-mentionables?

Andii

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (5696Arethusa @ 20 Mar 2009, 14:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did I use one of the un-mentionables?

Nope - but the first one has the same number of letters!

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts