Model Railway Forum banner

Brawa Coupling Rod Screws

5K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  PeterDRG 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm a complete novice, so forgive me if this is a daft question!

My next door neighbour's trying to find spares for his Brawa BR 65.10 steam locomotive. He's not on t'internet, so I'm trying to help out.

He's lost some tiny coupling rod screws, and can't find replacements anywhere.

Is there a UK supplier for these parts, or would we need to go direct to Brawa?

Many thanks,

Ian

#27 ·
Hello again - here's a final update on this topic.

72C has kindly intervened on our behalf with Brawa, and has now obtained the required part! He must've persuaded Brawa to show us some goodwill, since the damage was due to a fault with the product, rather than abuse by the customer. You don't expect bits to just fall off in normal use, at least not on something so new.

I don't know how he did it - I couldn't get any response from Brawa after the initial request for payment, which as I mentioned earlier was impossibly high, especially if you include the bank charges. You'd have to be completely mad to even consider paying that. To be honest, they were telling us in an indirect manner to get lost!

If Brawa had made it easier for us to pay, we may have rolled over and just paid for the part, rather than go to all the hassle of arguing for a free of charge repair. Maybe they rely on this kind of weak customer behaviour to turn a profit - who knows?

Anyway, I'm glad that 72C managed to shake some proper customer service out of Brawa - an increasingly rare concept, almost universally nowadays.

#29 ·
Mainly trains in Watchet, UK stock these, If not listed as nuts and bolts then they are probably listed as crank pins and eyelets/bushes for Alan Gibson driving wheels. 14BA and 1mm are very close in size.

they will be too long but are easily cut and cleaned up with a fine file. They will be quite low cost.

Kind regards and very best wishes for the Christmas season

Richard Johnson
DCCconcepts
[/quote]

Clerkenwell Screw in London, based in the former watchmaking area, were always very good for small screws. However, the screw you need is a special rather than standard screw. The head to thread size ratio and the shoulder for the journal are all non standard.

Cheers

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.