Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have bought a few HO scale cars for my layout over the years (more than I need) and I do not have any by BREKINA. The Hobby Shop in Faversham have some on their website. Would anybody please care to rate the models in terms of finish and detail? Do they have well detailed headlights/tail lights and the correct badges. I am interested particularly in the Mercedes 600 Pullman.

I find often that modellers will go to a lot of bother as far as the detail of their layout and trains are concerned, then they skimp on the road vehicles (might be just me
).

Cheers,
Steve

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Hi Steve,

I have some of their Bussing bus models which are nicely detailed, I am very pleased with them.

They are even the correct colours of the town owned bus company

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I also have a few Brekina, including an assortment of bonneted Mercedes buses. generally the detail is good but I have found that the chrome finish often needs toning down.

Hopefully of some help.

regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Ah ha, I managed to find some Brekina, and here they are, you may see what I mean about the chrome.

Regards

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure what year the Merc pullman is but I have a pre-war Horch Pullman. Its Richot or some such but sounds like it might be from the same factory.The chrome is very bright but anyone who had one of these prewar probably had a driver who polished it every day !So whether it is too bright might depend on lighting, distance, taste etc.
Andrew

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Wiking also did a MB 600 pullman, if I can find my black example I will post a photo after the weekend.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 3 Apr 2009, 17:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wiking also did a MB 600 pullman, if I can find my black example I will post a photo after the weekend.

As promised - here it is...

Any help?

Regards

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
QUOTE (MrBemo @ 30 Mar 2009, 01:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I find often that modellers will go to a lot of bother as far as the detail of their layout and trains are concerned, then they skimp on the road vehicles (might be just me
).

Cheers,
Steve

It is the little things that count.

Something else most modellers do not do is add number plates to their cars and trucks!

John

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 8 Apr 2009, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and to complete the ensemble.....what about a 1:87 scale effigy of Jeremy Clarkson?

I'll have a quick word with the guys from Preiser

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (alastairq @ 9 Apr 2009, 22:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>make sure nothing is lost in the translation......you dont want Captain Slow..

Or the Hamster come to think of it.....

Regards

1 - 13 of 13 Posts