Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
This event, while not 100% railway orientated will be taking place at the Brighton Centre on Friday, Saturday and Sunday 15th - 17th February 2008 between 10.00 and 17.30 daily.

Admission is £8.00 for adults, £6.50 for seniors, and £5.00 for children. Family tickets £19.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children).
Advance phone bookings for parties of 10 or more 01273 292695.

Avertising for this event shows there is something for all the family including 30 model railways, workshops, tradestands, dolls houses, films, daleks and more.

dbclass50 and myself will be there all weekend with both St. Laurent and the tradestand so if you come to the show come and say hello.

Regards

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE at the Brighton Centre

Is that on the sea front? If so Marine Drive would be the place to park?

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one David. It overlooks the sea.

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a reminder to all of this show - it's nearly here.

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
& a final "bump" from me as a reminder.

Wherever you go this wekend - have a great one !

ps - how many are in the doghouse forgetting the 14th ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Madkitten @ 15 Feb 2008, 17:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me and my husband will be there on saturday with the Lavender Line preservation society stand will come and see you all !!

Sorry I did not manage more than a "wave" - already talking to someone & it was too hectic to get away, although Dave managed to have a quick chat.

Excellent large show, & just just railways, there was something for everyone with many different types of modelling represented. Some surperb layouts & great value to the visiting public. My thanks to the organisers and special thanks to Dave (BRITHO) and the lovely Pam who came down from Northants, giving up her weekend to help us.

St.Laurent behaved itself with only a minor track problem (caused by expansion) & an errant Faller Bus, reducing the "operator" to more a "supervisor" !

A good weekend, albeit hectic but most enjoyable.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Nice to hear you had a good time.
How about some pictures then?
Specially St.Laurent that we all keep hearing abt.

Baykal

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ebaykal @ 18 Feb 2008, 12:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about some pictures then?
Baykal

I really did make up my mind to take some pictures of SL (& the show), but it was so hectic when open I could not get near SL & thre was no time to visit the rest of the show properly - when the show closed each night we were all too tired & just about had the energy to take the short walk back to the hotel.

As SL is not due out again till June we will have plenty of time (& no excuse) to take some decent pics whilst it is in the workshop.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 18 Feb 2008, 11:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>St.Laurent behaved itself with only a minor track problem (caused by expansion) & an errant Faller Bus, reducing the "operator" to more a "supervisor" !

So that's why you left me in charge and I thought it was promotion.......

In all seriousness as Brian said an excellent all round modellers show, I just wish I could have actually got round to visiting some of the rest of it.

Good to meet Nikki (Madkitten) and Keith.Wilkes. Always nice to put a face to a name. (mind you it was weird finding out that Nikki used to live about three quarters of a mile from me!)

Regards

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BRITHO @ 19 Feb 2008, 17:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So that's why you left me in charge and I thought it was promotion.......

More of a sideways move - still recovering from the weekend & attempting to eat the van during loading

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 20 Feb 2008, 08:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>still recovering from attempting to eat the van during loading

Obviously missed out on your weetabix then.................

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh well, there's always next year Peter.

Regards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts