Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Brisbane Minitaure train show is on this long weekend. For those that can't go go to www.brisbaneminiaturetrainshow.com.au

Ozzie21

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Ozzie is this on every year at about the same time?
I would probably try to take time to come upto Brisbane for that next year as it looks bigger than our one.
I recently went to the Victorian one which was in Box Hill and I notice that all the exhibitors are different. No surprise really when you consider the logistics of transporting a large layout 1,000s of miles.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 29 Apr 2006, 12:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ozzie is this on every year at about the same time?
I would probably try to take time to come upto Brisbane for that next year as it looks bigger than our one.
I recently went to the Victorian one which was in Box Hill and I notice that all the exhibitors are different. No surprise really when you consider the logistics of transporting a large layout 1,000s of miles.

Neil, yes same time every year, the May long weekend. It's usually a good mix of layouts and retailers. As it 's over the three days I find it's best to visit and look on one day and shop on the next day. This time I don't have the time as work will get in the way so it's just a Sunday for me.

Ozzie 21

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='aaaaa' date='1 May 2006, 00:47' post='7063']

[/quote

Okay aaaaa, what's with the gif

Ozzie21

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Giday,had a bit of sqiuse today and she's bonzer!
Ab Fab layouts; one of which I found particlary interesting ,Midland Raiway ,circa 1907.
Ashworth! The lay out is 7mm scale and largley hand built and the display radiates an enthusium for model railways. As each locomotive enters the scenic area you are transported in time ! A quite back round comentary on a simulated tanoy goes down particulary well!
Penrose ! Some might have seen this concept ... well I haven't. Cool! From memory the diorama is about four foot long, two[?] feet high and six [?] inches deep;and is called a picture frame. Penrose is railway on a cliff face and with birds in flight .....you see it and fall instantley into the panorama.This was presented by the Gold Coast Model Rail Workshop.
Barfi ! Simple elegence , cool , ab fab ,ya drool a bit ....... The Barfi Light Raiway represents India two foot six , and is modelled on the southern famine railways . Once again a simple train heading down the rail sends the mind to another place and time.
Santa Fe's Cajon Pass ! What words are left and there is more to come. Longs trains making there way through a realistic fore ground .The rails hold your interest ,yours eyes folow the trains . Rolling stock is a fascinating mix on this railroad .
Wgani ! An accurate representation of a train in New South Wales travelling through the country side. Modular , with attention to detail!
There was lots for every one at the train show.So many people made there time avalible to show the worlds greatest hobby at it's best.Friendly.courteous and no bull***t were the order of the day.
There was this Ab Fab model of a Queensland Railways BB 18 3/4 ,live steam ,hand made , captures the eye from miles away. Sorry forgot to get the scale . At the front of the steam locomotive there are the trunks that held the crews tools , inside the cab ,little things represented that make up the minature realism of this hand made beauty. At all rail shows where ever you live now and and again you see these classics. There not generic to any home towns model railway display. Were luucky, people show there layouts and spread there enthusium and love of there hobby,and take time out of life the universe and ,everything to share with a bloke who's saved up and got a couple of spare quid for a bonzer day out .
The retailers were there and spent a lot of time and effort with VOLINTEERS manning there stands and all the questions ; not only about life the universe and every thing, but in depth discussions on your interest.
Don't quote me but I think the Australian Model Railway Associtian, Queensland Branch , bossed the carpark, ushered, did the tickets , ran the food ,did a lunch for the exhibiters, and then in there spare time looked after the displays. In my spare time ,thanks AMRA.
I have never visted a model railway show that was other wise. The Brisbane Model Railway Show was Ab Fab , as usual ! It is held every year at this time , check out the Australian Model Railway Magazine for details of all the wonderfull railway exibitions. When you have done that ther is Railway Modeller,and ;you get the drift..........
People have a dig at succesful ,large model train shows.When I was in England in the 80's I remember some big controversy going on about the big show in London and I cant't even remember what is was about. It was so important at the time!
I went to a model railway show this week end , can't wait till the next one............

[ Hope these rantings weren't to boring!]

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
the rantings wernt boring. i look forward to the next installment.

railimages.com is nice and easy to use.
i would love to see some pictures of the show.

"When I was in England in the 80's I remember some big controversy going on about the big show in London and I cant't even remember what is was about. It was so important at the time!"
you should have seen the fuss caused this year buy a bad bus service at the warley show. luckely i missed the whole thing and only found out about it the next day but i'm told the queue's were a sight to behold!

peter

p.s. i just accidently clicked "fast reply" again and thought i had lost my message!! lol.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish I had remebered to take my camera but alas I left it and my street directory on the table. But luckily I remembered my wallet.

Ozzie21

1 - 11 of 11 Posts