Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Hornby Brittania (Lord Rowallan) through mail order. On unpacking the model I discovered that the speedometer cable while attached to the rear left driving wheel was unattached to the locomotice body. A close up picture included in the most useful MRF review reveals approximately where the cable attaches BUT how does it do so? The end comprises a piece of chromed metal which has a bend and a pointed corner, but it is not obvious (at least to an idiot like me) how this locates with the plastic of the locomotive body. Having considered the possibilities, I suspect the metal may have formerly been glued directly to the plastic. If so, how is it orientated and why the pointy bit? Any advice will be most gratefully received.

·
In depth idiot
7,705 Posts
There will be a little recess in the underside of the running plate to take 'the pointy bit'; a little cyano will secure it. While it is detached, if you have any plans to take the body off the chassis, you may as well use the chance before relocating this component..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks 34C. I shall be installing a decoder and, as you suggest, I may not have to detach the speedometer cable from the axle. The spot where the cable connects to the bodtwork might be more obvious when the chassis is removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts