Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following new Hornby items for 2007 are featured in the British Railway Modelling calender included with the January issue. Hornby have had their press day today and the rest of the 2007 range will be revealed at 00:01 on 1st January on the Hornby website (or more than likely at 01:50 as it was this year!
):-

JANUARY weathered rebuilt West Country Class 462 Loco 34003 Plymouth R2584
FEBRUARY Skaledale gas holder
MARCH SR King Arther Class 460 Loco 736 Excalibur R2580
APRIL Northern Rail Class 142 Pacer DMU R2611
MAY A3 Class Loco 60067 LADAS R2617
JUNE BR blue CCT Van R6315
JULY BR Class 50 Loco large logo 50020 Revenge R2641
AUGUST b-set brake composite coach R4293B
SEPTEMBER GB Railfreight Class 73 Loco 73204 R2654
OCTOBER 20 ton war dept ammonia tank wagon R6360
NOVEMBER EWS Class 60 Loco 60014 Alexander Fleming R2639
DECEMBER Transrail YGB Sealion bogie ballast hopper wagon R6330A
BACK COVER HORNBY ROAD SHOW TENTH ANNIVERSARY WAGON R6248

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way thats not a spelling mistake. Flying Scotsman really does have a relative named after a make of Russian car!

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
370 Posts
Does all this "announcing fever" mean that all the 2006 releases are going to arrive before the end of the year??

It's not difficult to put a release of a particular model down on a calender, the cleaver bit is putting that model in the box and shipping it to the shops.

If Hornby were as good with their calendar deliveries as their model deliveries, we would still be waiting for the last four pages of the 2006 calender now!!

STEADY GARY, TAKE A BIG BREATH !!!

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 14 Dec 2006, 21:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Flying Scotsman really does have a relative named after a make of Russian car!

That's odd, I thought I thought they went on the top of BT vans............

Sorry......

Regards

John

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE That's odd, I thought I thought they went on the top of BT vans............

I am very slow today. That took me almost a minute to work out...

More news and gossip from Pat Hammond at MRE mag:-

QUOTE I am sorry that today's issue of MREmag is somewhat truncated. I have been away at the Hornby press briefing and have not long been back in the office. With just two hours before midnight I will see how much I can include.

And, no! I am not telling you what Hornby are planning for 2007 as we are all trusted to keep our silence. It is giving nothing away to say that it will be another exciting year with four brand new locos and some new coaches. There will be more Lima models released including four more of their locos and there will also be the return of a loco from the past. As to what they all are, I will leave that to speculation.

For the full list, visit the Hornby website on 1st January and/or visit MREmag at midnight on December 31st when I will try to give you some of the background to the choices. I can promise you that there are some surprises that have not yet been suggested by readers.

Suprises not suggested by readers......

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 15 Dec 2006, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am very slow today. That took me almost a minute to work out...

Believe me Gary, it could have been far far worse!!

Regards

John

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Gary, you must be slow today mate. All that implied criticism of H
y and no bite back.
I'm proud of you!! Have a great christmas. Best regards, Jeff (gwentrail)

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the Model Rail magazine website Model Rail magazine. Clearly there is some news that Hornby are happy to make available immediately following their 2007 press briefing:-

QUOTE Hornby is now set to deliver the first of its 'King Arthur' and Class 390 Virgin Pendolino models in March. Both were due in 2006, but the 'Arthur' in particular has been delayed as Hornby seeks to include as much detail as possible. The '390' too is expected to have a somewhat higher specification than the 'basic' model announced last year. The first rebuilt 'West Country' 4-6-2s are now arriving in the UK. Subject to availability we hope to have a full review in March issue of Model Rail.

QUOTE In response to customer feedback, Hornby is to redesign the packaging for its 'M7' 0-4-4T models in time for the next production run. Future releases will feature two-piece trays making it easier to access the model without damaging fragile details. Hornby is also addressing the issue of fitting DCC decoders into this model in 2007 - see Model Rail 100, due out January 8, for more details.

Given that the original aim of producing a basic Pendolino model was to draw in family buyers who could relate to this model in train sets it seems a bit odd that Hornby have decided to super detail it instead which may well increase its recommended retail price (or it may not of course!). Now given that Dapol have developed a Voyager in N gauge designed to take a sound decoder what chance Hornby doing the same?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
What detail is there to go on a pendolino?
Bogies. (make sure the wheels line up with them and try and make sure the wheels are round!)
Windows. (make sure the surrounds are black unlike Dapol!)
Pantograph. (dont try it hornby, just do a deal with somerfeld and get them to make it for you!)
tilt mech. (this could be interesting to see what they come up with)
Coupling. (please dont make it a pole vault like dapol did!)
and err................?

I am hopeing the coaches will be the right length but apart from that they would have to be pretty daft to get anything else wrong. with such a simple model i seriously doubt there was going to be much difference between a "basic" model and a decent one.

"Talking about hornby EMU and Newly tooling SR coaches"
Hornby wont do an EMU. not now bachmann have announced it. i think there is a market for it but its not big enough for hornby. i think a desiro would be a good model for them to do. already about 10 different liveries and its going to be about for the next 25 years.

Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.