Organised by the North Kent Model Railway Group

St.Gerges School (opposite ASDA)
Westwood Road
Broadstairs
Kent
CT10 2LH

Sat 10.00 > 17.00
Sun 10.00 > 16.00

We will be there in the infamous St.Laurent & the sales stand.

A good exhibition to visit.

Look forward to seeing you there - please be sure to introduce yourselves.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 21 Nov 2009, 22:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So it's the same weekend this year as last? but with SL as well as the sales stand???

David

Sales stand only this year David - unless they get a last minute cancellation................

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Spud Murphy @ 23 Nov 2009, 19:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>il make life easy brian, il wear a black hoodie with "Spud" on the back in reflective silver writing, and a badge on the front with "Thanet Scooterists" on it

Just don't wear a uniform you're not entitled to wear !

Seriously - look forward to meeting you & any other MRF inmates (sorry, members).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 21 Nov 2009, 23:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll be there, Fancy a hand with the layout or the sales stand?

Missed that - yes please (bacon butties on Euroscale), although, as I said trade stand only this year.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Steve, the thread is actually the one from last year - either or both days is fine - any help is always appreciated & who knows - I may even get the tea's.

Awaiting sound of a fainting BRITHO hitting the floor..........................

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
QUOTE (wolverton bloomer @ 28 Nov 2009, 17:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On another note. Chris24 was there with his Dad and thier layout's first exhibition outing. A very nice layout. Only one critisism Chris, with the pelmet so low tall people like myself had trouble seeing it without stooping/bending! Perfect height for kids though! Excellent use of teddy bear fur for grass, Just how many gave thier lives?

Not a bad show really. A nice friendly local one with a good selection of layouts and trade support.....The lady selling raffle tickets got a bit tiresome after asking me 5 times if I wanted any! Can't fault her for trying!

I managed to get through the day without the "ejector rocket pack" being let off, not for want of trying though eh BritHO

I liked the use of the teddy bear fur for grasss - now, let me see - Maggie has plenty of Beenies........

QUOTE (Spud Murphy @ 28 Nov 2009, 18:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nope the van hasnt got 2 tiny screws, the skaleautos caravan i bought on another stall
had that and came off without a hitch. this has a weird lump of metal that turns, but no matter how much you turn it, it makes no difference!! :'( and iv wanted one of these fer ages, wouldnt have if id known it would be so annoying!
Chris24's layout was good, i remember it, but even i had trouble seeing the layout properly, and im 5" 10'/11' the frame for the front of the layout needs to be extended upwards, or you could just take the top part off no?
even i have to say the lady selling raffle tickets got a tad irritating after a while, she was all i could hear whilst walking around looking at the layouts!!

You have to be "easing" the GM vehicles away from the base as you are undoing the weird metal bit !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'd just like to thank Dave (BRITHO) & Steve (Woolverton Bloomer) for helping with the stand today - could not have done it without you two - I really was tired after a loooooong day & just a couple of hours sleep.

Thanks guys

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Just to add that during the Saturday BRITHO, WB & myself have come up with a "fill in" project - to be know as "Project S" - I'll start a new thread as soon as I have constructed the first stage.

At the moment, due to non-availablity of a suitable venue for 2010 the Exhibition is "homeless".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts