Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let forum members know that there is a small exhibition organised by the Orpington & District Model Railway Society this weekend Sat/Sun 10/11th March.

Last year was a great friendly little local show (the catering is good as well).

Opening times are 10.00 > 17.00 each day.

Pratt's Bottom Village Hall
Norstead Lane
Rushmore Hill
BR6 7PQ

J4/M25, A21 1 mile.

I'll be there with a small DCC demo so make yourself known & you can even buy me a cup of tea.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Best wishes, Brian, for a pleasant exhibition. I used to walk around Pratt's Bottom on Youth Club hikes in the early 1960s, living in SE London at that time; bet it's changed a bit since then. The place name always makes me smile - we had a geography master at school by the name of Pratt.....
Regards,
John Webb

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 8 Mar 2007, 18:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll be there with a small DCC demo so make yourself known & you can even buy me a cup of tea.

Misread this at first - I thought it said that YOU were buying the tea.

Regards

John

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Well, the show was an outstanding success all round.

We had a small DCC demo going (thanks to Graham - a GRS & club member) with a selection of standard DCC loco's, plus some sound ones including 2 x steam, 2 x diesel & 1 x OHE. The public & modellers liked it & we all had a lot of fun talking to them.

Although a small show (Village Hall size) it was excellent & a very high standard. Several high quality layouts, several "show you how" demo's & a couple of sales stands (including ours).

I took some pics but, (probably) due to operator error I could not use my new digicam properly (cannot use my new mobile phone either) so they did not come out. (They really ought to supply you with a 12 year old for a couple of hours to show you how to use these things).

Thanks to all the people who kept me supplied with tea !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts