Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just finished building an industrial unit for my layout project. I tried drybrushing the brickwork after having first sprayed on the mortar.

I just can't seem to get the hang of doing the raised detail first and then filling the gaps afterwards no matter how much I practice the various techiques that I've had recommended to me. I've tried it the way I have as it's the only way I seem to be able to achieve anything half decent! :wink:

I've put a pic up on my website to let me know what you think and be gentle - it is only the second model I've made in a while!

The pic can be found at:-

http://www.shaunsmodelrailway.net

Cheers

·
Registered
521 Posts
As you suggest, it is quite difficult to judge from the photos, so I don't think I should try.

Incidentally, I THINK, that Brawa have made an N gauge train washing depot of some sort but, being Brawa, it would not be cheap! I am in the slow process of trying to organise all my stuff, so if the pamphlet turns up, I'll post on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 20 Dec 2005, 16:01)The buildings are a little plain for me but hey I'm into German ginger bread house so what do I know?
I really liked the commentary though. You have a natural writing style and I look forward to reading more of your website.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oi!

Wait until you see my station building. I want something a little special and will probably have to scratch build it.

Easy peasy. Especially when you consider I've never scratch built anything before!

Anyway, the next 2 buildings are finished. I'll be putting pics online either tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE (dr5euss @ 20 Dec 2005, 18:57)Hi Shaun,

I think it looks great; I was planning on doing that sort of half metal, half brick effect myself - I've just got to pluck up the courage!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It did take me a while to pluck up the courage myself so I know how you feel!

I've now finished another 3 kits - pics will be going up on my website soon - and am now in the process of scratch-building a train washer.

Shaun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts