Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
Hmm. Nice but that's just the Apprentice. If you listen to "Steam Train at speed 3", you see and hear the work of the Master

David

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're biased!
And how gutted was the filmer of that last one when the 'orrible shuttle came into shot.....

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE You're biased! tongue.gif

Only slightly

David

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 10 Apr 2008, 21:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmm. Nice but that's just the Apprentice. If you listen to "Steam Train at speed 3", you see and hear the work of the Master

David

Nice to see steam locomotives working as they were designed to - personally, I liked the contrast with the DMU.

Thanks for the link - there are some excellent clips from the same source (& thanks to him for posting them).

Thanks for the link.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 10 Apr 2008, 20:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmm. Nice but that's just the Apprentice. If you listen to "Steam Train at speed 3", you see and hear the work of the Master

Master and apprentice they may be - but how many times in history has the apprentice bettered the master?

OK - I am biased having worked (in preservation) on original and rebuilt Pacifics and the sole surviving Q1. Having said that an A4 working at speed is impressive.

Regards

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Wow now that was very impressive for a model.......... what scale was it?? OO?? Good smoke and sound effects. One fault if I may be picky, The light seems too bright for a steam loco.

Yours simply,

martin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Martin71 @ 12 Apr 2008, 10:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow now that was very impressive for a model.......... what scale was it?? OO?? Good smoke and sound effects. One fault if I may be picky, The light seems too bright for a steam loco.

Yours simply,

martin

Scale was 1:1 or 305mm to the 1'......

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 10 Apr 2008, 21:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you listen to "Steam Train at speed 3", you see and hear the work of the Master

Aaah yes David but it appears from the video clips mentioned that the "master" needs a big red and gold thing on the back

Regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts