Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of Bullfrog Snot? www.bullfrogsnot.com Apparently, it is some sort of goo applied to loco wheels to improve traction and running. Have you used it and if so, does it work?

Cheers,
Steve

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
We have quite a few bull frogs down here and I have never seen any of them sneeze, blow their nose, let alone pick it. Perhaps our Bull froga are rather more refined.

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
Will dog snot work?

·
Registered
675 Posts
If it's anything like Gorilla Snot (I kid you not), then yes. Some drummers rub Gorilla Snot into their palms to stops sticks from flying out of their hands. So I see where Bullfrog Snot is coming from, metaphorically. If it's inexpensive I suggest you give it a go, but try it out first with an old model and track.
mal

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Saw this on the Brooklyn Locomotive Works shop website, " And though there have been no reported cases of frog-flu crossing over to human hosts, do not eat raw Bullfrog Snot without sterilization. D-a-h!" :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (MrBemo @ 3 Apr 2009, 00:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Has anyone heard of Bullfrog Snot? www.bullfrogsnot.com Apparently, it is some sort of goo applied to loco wheels to improve traction and running. Have you used it and if so, does it work?

Cheers,
Steve

Yes indeed, it works very well. Just follow the directions and apply sparingly. It is a plastic, not rubber.

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts