Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....I have a rather, how should we say, petite N Gauge Layout that is now up for sale.
I am a fairly regular (fairly) contributor to these boards so thought I may try it here first.

Buy my layout - please! Don't let me resign myself to e-bay and further hassles!!
If you would like to simply take a look please click on through...

http://www.modeltracks.co.uk/

At present there is no set price and I'm open to all offers!

Thanks for looking,
Best wishes,

Jules

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bleedin' 'eck gary! Whata reply! I feel an in depth thesis approaching on the indeterminable factors affecting ebay sales!!!

You do know a worryingly large amount about naff TV for a well informed railway bloke!!

Anyroad, thanks for taking the interest and the time! I think I may yake my chances within the next week...

Best wishes,
Jules

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cheers Dennis!

No, I did kinda realise that it wouldn't realise parts and time etc, but that's not really the reason we build them is it?! Methinks another 'thread' coming on here?!

If nothing else it's helped fill out this rather quieter area of the modelrail forum, and I've enjoyed reading all the comments! Plus the modeltracks site had a few hits from it...thanks all and I'll let you know in due course what happens.

It's going to hit e-bay around the weekend and I will set a reserve rather than a starting price to encourage some bidding.

Then we shall just sit back and watch and wait...!

Best wishes,
Jules

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! I thought it was just my club that was so clued up on e-bay but the ideas and suggestions from you lot is staggering!

And...I've taken the advice, thanks!

'No Picnic' will be appearing on a Thursday night listing to end the following weekend with suggestions as to the target audience ie dads and uncles for Easter.

So here's hoping!

Thanks again,

Best Wishes,
Jules

P.S. The next one's in a violin case!! 'Strad Sidings!' listen out for that one!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well after all the helpful thoughts and thesis on e-bay it never realised my Reserve Price! In fact it made an incredibly lowly - £12 - twelve quid!!I ask you?!

Mind, that's why such things as 'Reserves' were invented!
But not too dissapointed.

Take care all!
Jules

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yet again, over whelmed!

I like the opinion that it was a realistic reserve and I also think that, yet again, its all good advice and relevent. I too hate bidding and then realising that I may never make the reserve price.

I have had two seperate enquiries about it since reserve not met. So we'll see.

I wrote my advert in HTML so included loads of links to my brilliant (ahem!
) photographs on my outstanding (oh please!
) web site as I had cottoned on to the money saving spin of referencing your own hosted photos.

I'm not going to readvertise at the moment. I'll hold on to it I feel. I have chance of a few exhibitions coming up around the Midlands so I may take it to those instead.

Best wishes,
Jules

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.