Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just a word of warning, last Sunday the entire ebay site was playing up due to it being the end of another cheap listing run so take that into account as there was also another one yesterday so the same will apply a week on sunday. I find that Thursday is another good ending night for the same reason of the telly is rubbish but avoid finishing on a Monday. Thats when I do most of my bargain hunting.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thursday night is politics night on BBC1 and just general moron TV on ITV. Sky is just as bad except in much greater quantities. Even the footie was boring last night! Typical innit 4 televised cup matches on 4 nights I watched the 3 yawners and missed the 7-0 one cheers Beeb.

·
Registered
764 Posts
It seems to be a really bad time for selling at the moment. I had several items up for sale that finished at the weekend and one with 6 watchers didn't even attract an opening bid but sold an hour after relisting when I dropped the buy it now price a couple of quid even though it was still dearer than the opening bid. I have been struggling the last few times i've listed but from a buyers point of view it's great, just bought a 12 wheel dining car for £8.50 plus p&p.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The problem with a reserve is that 99% of ebayers haven't a clue that the minimum reserve is £50 so are quite happy to bid a quid at a time. There are no problems with stating clearly the reserve amount on your listing if you want to, it saves a lot of questions Its alright starting at £60 but the lixting fee will be quite high. You could put a buy it now on as well as a normal auction start price and if its higher than your reserve it won't disappear until someone hits the reserve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.