Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one is interested in changing their old motors with state of the art can motors, specially FLM's old vertical, noisey flywheel type of motors, the below site is what you are looking for then. One word of advise: Its not cheap.

http://www.sb-modellbau.com/index.php?lang...9ce723eb4211213

Baykal

· Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 8 Jul 2007, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that Baykal - actually I did'nt think the prices were too bad, especially if that's for the what is actually shown - I may get one & convert a 218 & see how they run.

I can strongly recommend this company. Products are excellent and delivery was quick. They currently have a July sale with 12% off their prices. I bought their kit to remotorise a Rivarossi Bavarian tank loco and the kit included Faulhaber motor, brass mounting cradle and new worm gear. Installation was simple and results were super.

david

· Premium Member
752 Posts
Folks,

There is another German firm that makes high quality replacement pancake motors with flywheels,which use the original fittings

In other words NO machining/milling required,just a screwdriver

I cant find the website at present :question:can anyone help

All the best

David

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 8 Jul 2007, 22:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I may get one & convert a 218 & see how they run.

and which one of the fleet gets the treatment?

Regards

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.