Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi
A couple of things to consider
1. Is your sellers reputation important to you?
2. Was the item paid by Paypal

I myself rely on feebay a fair amount , so if a customer is not happy , I tell them to send the item back (you can always re-sell it latter ) and offer a refund less postage.
If I know that I have made an error , I would offer a full refund.(after item is returned)

If they paid by PayPal - yes offer the part refund
If they open a "Item not as described" dispute-- PayPal nearly always favours the buyer

One bad "feedback" can undermine the prices of the rest of the things you sell

Hope this helps
Zmil

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Harkins

It sounds like you have a problem buyer , who will not be happy with any solution , so expect the worst
ebay and paypal have put the power in the buyers hands
Look at the buyers feed back , see if he has had other complaints
and look at the feedback he has left others
but expect trouble regardless , some people are never happy

On the other note I was not saying you had made a mistake, I had previously with a description (By the way I don't offer refunds ether in my description) made an ommision which I felt gave my buyer reason to complain So I offered a full refund

He gave glowing feedback - and has since bought other items and help push the price up , of other listings

The loco he returned I repaired and re-listed , Sold for 30% more the next time around

Regards Zmil

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi All

I just discovered another mistake I made with a repeat Ebay customer
He asked a question about an item (a Fleischmann 5511) having a swing roof as there was not one in the photo

I messaged back that it doent

The spell checker spotted the mistake and I changed it to does

so when he received it he messaged me to say where is it

Now the 5511 ore wagon has never come with a swing roof but has the holes in place for it
as it has the same tooling as another model that does (5510)
So I offered the buyer a $10 discount on his next purchases as I believe I had misinformed him

and since he has bid on quite a lot of my items , over the last few weeks , I believe a happy buyer is a good repeat buyer

Maybe I'm old fashioned , but I believe " the customer is always rite" (especially when I was wrong)

But I think in Harkins case He has a over fussy buyer , that will never be satisfied

Regards Zmil

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Martin
That is the trouble with ebay - everybody wants a bargin It is hard to get the correct value for things

As for description - a picture is worth a thousand words
Sign up for Auctiva - gives you free supersize pictures , as many as you want to put in your listings
Take pictures of every angle - in your case for the illuminated coaches also with ambient lights low .

Here is an example of one of my listings
zmils listing

Since I started putting the extra pictures in - I get more people looking -and also watching-and more $ for the item

Regards Zmil

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Harkins
It sounds like a case of buyers remorse and he is making you pay for it!
What is the eBay item No. ?
Then we can have a look at the buyers feedback
It would be so easy for the buyer to add a few extra drops of oil and make out , it was like that when he received it
I received a loco once that was packed with a chimney full of smoke fluid , after traveling halfway round the globe it had leaked out all over the loco
I hope he does not neg you for it
Regards Zmil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.