Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (zmil @ 22 Aug 2008, 13:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But I think in Harkins case He has a over fussy buyer , that will never be satisfied
Regards Zmil
Yes, I've had a few of those !

For example - carriers lost the item I sold (an electrical heater),so, in spite of the buyer not wanting to pay for insurance I sent two replacements to make up for it & still received a negative for my trouble !

Thing is, if you do get a negative when selling make sure you reply politely to give your views - I often buy from people who have negatives, you just need to read between the lines & form your own opinion.

On the other hand I have bought a couple of items that did have faults not apparent in the pictures or descriptions, but after contacting the sellers sorted it out (by way of partial refunds & keeping the items - both sellers offered immediate refunds including the postage) so as far as I was concerned good deal & positives left all round.

Yes, you do get the odd deal that does not work out, but you have to put it into context when you think of the amount of deals that do work out well. Like it or no ebay is what we have - they really have got too far ahead for any other alternative to gain enough headway (a bit like MS really).

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
If you need to make a claim for an item lost or damaged (even if sent insured) via the post make sure that you have plenty of time available to deal with the fobbing off/ducking & diving antics/obstructiveness of our wonderful postal "service" - my experience is that they will do anything to wriggle out of coughing up including the "lets drag it out so that they will give up & go away" ploy.

· No Longer Active.
13,704 Posts
QUOTE (harkins77 @ 29 Aug 2008, 10:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hopefully I will never hear from this buyer again. I bet he still puts negative feedback on it though.

I think I'll put this one down to experiance.

Well, you can ban the buyer from bidding on your auctions in the future which may help - if he does post negative you can post a reply which will be available for anyone to see.

Otherwise, it is of course just another experience to put down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.