Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Colleagues

At first, something about me. I'm a German and 58 years old but this changed every march. My English is ...
I was born in Franconia and live now in Leverkusen, the ugly town between Cologne and Duesseldorf.
Railway and Model Railway is my hobby since I'm 12 years old. My favorite period is Epoche III and the beginning of Epoche IV.
My preferred gauge is H0.
I've no layout at my home but I work in a Model Railway Club.

I have registered in this forum to get more information in UK railways and the modelling of them.

Greetings to all, who now me from RoG.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Welcome to the forum Franz.

There are lots of very useful threads here, not just about UK railways.

Hope you enjoy,

Rob

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Hardly a newbie..

Hi Franz and welcome, nice to see you here at MRF.

For those who might wonder who Franz is ; their layout was chosen the best layout at Warley and won a prize.

Baykal

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hello Franz,

This is a really friendly forum to meet so many old friends from elsewhere, nice to hear from you after Warley.

I hope your models arrive before the 25th.

Tim

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Hi Franz and welcome

Like others here I'malways glad to help with information when I can.

Regards

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At all

Many thanks for your kindly welcome.

I've read your Warley 08 responses and I have to say Thank You that you had have an attract interest at our layout DURLESBACH.
My club members and I know about the high standard that UK layouts have. So we are amazed that we got the award - our favorit was PEMPOUL.

DURLESBACH was build in the standard German way - one is working - and ten stand around and give their censure

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE Durlesbach

You're one of the guys who did this: ?

David

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE You're one of the guys who did this: ?

Hi David,

Yes - and I'm one of "ten" too

·
Registered
358 Posts
Franz,
excellent work, from you and the ten others! David's photo sums up everything about this hobby. Look at the little boy mesmerised by your "train set", he wouldn't comprehend it is a fantastic model, but he is just enchanted by the whole thing, that is exactly the expression I've been searching for, for over 40 years. Franz you have made an excellent model I congratulate you and welcome to the forum, I'm sure you have lots to contribute that I can learn from.

best wishes

Clive

·
Registered
189 Posts
Franz,

Wilkomen.

I hope you enjoy the forum as I do. I also have no layout at home (but lots of workshop 'drawers'). I also collect HO both american and european and favour it, although I do collect some of the British locos and rolling stock. I must say you have the job of a lifetime. To work at ones hobby is not to go to work at all.

I have also visited your website and as others have said, your work is what this hobby is about. The little boy in the photograph is what all of us still are (or wish to be) (and girls of course, I have an eight year old daughter who loves models)

Have fun.

Chuss

Basil

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE To be completely honest, looking at that picture makes me want to rip up my layout and start again. That really is so good.

Noooooooo! Don't................... Pleeeeeeeze!!!!!!

David

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Franz and a belated welcome to the MRF.

From the look of things you might find yourself being called upon for advice rather than the other way round - as is the case with a lot of newbies.

Great looking layout with lots of attention paid to detail. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy seeing more pictures of it if possible.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Franz and welcome on board, I'm interested in modelling (and visiting) preserved British Steam, if I can help then let me know.
Best wishes and Happy Christmas Mike

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 19 Dec 2008, 23:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Noooooooo! Don't................... Pleeeeeeeze!!!!!!

I would go along with that sentiment

Regards

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.