Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
About 2 years ago or so, Rod Stewart was one of the guests on Parkinson. Parky had a bit of a go at him regarding his "playing with trains". Rod replied in brilliant fashion, bringing Parky down to size.

There was no more p*** taking.

Around the same time, he ws a guest on the "Richard and Judy" show. Mr Madeley brought the subject of Rod's American layout up to him, and Rod shot him down too, managing to spend a large part of the interview describing the layout in some detail.

Another famous music artist, who I'll not name, was insulted by a couple of "neds" who spotted the Railway Book he had in his possession. I think they said "Choo Choo" or something like that. His responce was "Choo Choo ay. Well Chew Chew on that.", and he rammed the hardback into the mouth of one the "neds".

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (Scooter @ 25 Sep 2006, 12:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Another famous music artist, who I'll not name, was insulted by a couple of "neds" who spotted the Railway Book he had in his possession. I think they said "Choo Choo" or something like that. His responce was "Choo Choo ay. Well Chew Chew on that.", and he rammed the hardback into the mouth of one the "neds".

Sounds like Lemmy

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I was amused to listen to Chris Evans (the red-headed one) on Radio 2 interviewing Rod Stewart on Tuesday....

"So, Rod, tell us about your trainset."

"Christopher (I liked that!), it's not a train set, it's a scale model railroad!"

Rod went on to spend 10% of the interview extolling the virtues of railway modelling and described how he often takes a work in progress on tour with him. What a star! All the better for never having touched drugs and only being partial to a drop of wine (well, three glasses a night!).

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (60134 @ 26 Oct 2006, 14:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the better for never having touched drugs and only being partial to a drop of wine (well, three glasses a night!).

Ah - don't forget a near constant supply of very attractive young ladies !

They don't make 'em like Rod anymore ! - all the best to him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts