Model Railway Forum banner
221 - 231 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Hi Panto, its been awhile but hv been ordering some locos again, including this one. Lovely design and history. Cheers Paul
Hi Paul, it's great to see you back and congrats on your new acquisition. That loco is still running with the same wrap, I just saw it last week. Also, about a month ago, CD Cargo wrapped another one of their Vectrons with a very similar design as the loco was used to pull the CEE (Connecting Europe Express) while crisscrossing the Czech Republic.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
Agree, what a cracking livery, I am sure Roco will do it. I also like the 372, blue livery really suits it 😉
Roco is coming out with the CD Cargo 372, I have it pre-ordered so I should be able to recreate the bottom pic in HO scale.

This next loco is a small departure from the influx of all those darn Vectrons. I was on the fence as I already have a couple of the Roco SBB Re4/4s but seeing it up close and hearing the echoing whistle made my final decision very easy. It really is a masterpiece but there's no way I will ever attempt to install the windshield wipers, I'd need a microscope for that. :)

Roco 71408 SBB Re 421 394 8 Zurich Munchen Swiss Electric Locomotive (carsandtrains.com)

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
the influx of all those darn Vectrons
Saw an announcement during last week that DSB had taken delivery of the 1000th Vectron!

David

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Saw an announcement during last week that DSB had taken delivery of the 1000th Vectron!

David
Yes, the wrap was simple but got the point across with the huge "1000" on both sides of the loco. Siemens already sold over 1100 of those things, seems like it's a status symbol among many national and private carriers. Some owners claim that the reliability of the Vectron locos in their fleet is over 99%.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Yes, the wrap was simple but got the point across with the huge "1000" on both sides of the loco. Siemens already sold over 1100 of those things, seems like it's a status symbol among many national and private carriers. Some owners claim that the reliability of the Vectron locos in their fleet is over 99%.
And just think of the huge workforce it is supporting too...v good indeed. Thanks for the heads up on the CD Cargo 372; I do not have any of this class though several red ones were earmarked so after much rummaging on MSL have put in a reservation. Jan 2022 should allow me the time to save up the Euros 😎

Re the SBB 421 in Munchen livery, I found a pic of it double heading the train and as I took it several times out of Munich while working, I bit the bullet and ordered both Sound and non-Sound versions...I am in quarantine now recovering fiscally but heck what a craking livery, great memory and we aint around forever...🤗

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
And just think of the huge workforce it is supporting too...v good indeed. Thanks for the heads up on the CD Cargo 372; I do not have any of this class though several red ones were earmarked so after much rummaging on MSL have put in a reservation. Jan 2022 should allow me the time to save up the Euros 😎

Re the SBB 421 in Munchen livery, I found a pic of it double heading the train and as I took it several times out of Munich while working, I bit the bullet and ordered both Sound and non-Sound versions...I am in quarantine now recovering fiscally but heck what a craking livery, great memory and we aint around forever...🤗
Hi Paul, January could be an expensive month as I too have a few things that are due in the new year on preorder at MSL, including the Nightjet Vectron, CD Cargo 372 and the CD Stadler GTW 2/6 DMU from Piko among other things. I'm currently in a process of finalizing an order (a couple of Vectrons... surprise, surprise :LOL: ) from MLS but nothing is on sale at the moment so I might wait a week and see what happens. The double-header Re421 is going to look a killer, do you have any coaches for it yet? There's a slew of modern SBB rolling stock coming out but the prices are eye watering.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
This next post should be in the large scale section but since I never post there, I'll keep it here. I have an indoor (basement - work in progress) G gauge layout where I run some of my trains. At one time I had considered expanding outdoors but as I like to keep my trains nice and clean, I quickly scrapped that idea. Well, about a month ago, one of my friends who had a 'large scale' model train shop just outside the city, closed down and started selling off most of the LGB trains that he had running on a massive outdoor layout behind the shop. The prices were great so I picked up a couple of salon cars but because they ran outside, they weren't clean. To clean them up and to see how they were put together, I had to partially dismantle them. I didn't realize there were so many bits and pieces to make up a simple box on wheels. :)

LGB 30653 Salonwagen Car SOS (carsandtrains.com)

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I have quite a bit of Swiss stock Panto so in an attempt at frugality, will use those. I have bought some rakes of PKP hoppers of late, and a couple of Jouef BB CC locos, which whilst appreciating they are not up to Roco detail seem to have received engineering upgrades now they are under the Hornby Intl umbrella. Really looking forward to the CD cargo 372; I bit the bullet and bought the sound version.

G gauge is a step too far for me, O gauge would be my limit. Similarily there is some attractive stuff coming out in N but I make sure I dont open that Pandora's box (HOe for my Zillertal and logging trains are far enough).

Cheers & Happy New Year

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
G gauge is a step too far for me, O gauge would be my limit. Similarily there is some attractive stuff coming out in N but I make sure I dont open that Pandora's box (HOe for my Zillertal and logging trains are far enough).

Cheers & Happy New Year
G gauge is OK unless you get carried away like I did and run out of room. I have boxes all over the basement including under the layout and in the hallways and I do have that Zillertal keg car in HOe and G, it's one of my favorite models.

I think it's time for another Vectron, this time it's the simple silver livery of METRANS but they look pretty good in the wild.

Roco 71947 Metrans Siemens Vectron MS 383 409 0 (carsandtrains.com)

221 - 231 of 231 Posts