Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
When I returned to railway modelling, I did the reverse, I switched from N to OO. The main reason for me was that with OO I could easily uncouple remotely (no 0-5-0 hand of God from the sky) and could therefore shunt around a station area, just like I used to see as a young bloke who was facinated by the whole railway scene.

It seems to me that N is great for trains in the countryside, full length reasonable representations, but if detail is what you want, then 00/H0 or O is what you want.

Remeber TT - with what we see today in both N and 00, I wonder if the time for TT is upon us. Reasonable length trains with enough detail to satisfy most of us and the chance for reasonably complex layouts. Trouble is both N and 00 are now so well entrenched, I doubt if TT would stand much chance of survival if reintroduced in these difficult times.

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Hi Brian

Yeh, there's load of European, but is there any British stuff ? Apart from kits (life's to short) at the moment I think it best to stay with either N or OO. Just thinking aloud, what if British outline was made to HO - we could overcome the narrow guage look and save some train length as well, albeit only just over ten percent.

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts