Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BobB @ 8 Feb 2009, 20:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Remeber TT - with what we see today in both N and 00, I wonder if the time for TT is upon us. Reasonable length trains with enough detail to satisfy most of us and the chance for reasonably complex layouts. Trouble is both N and 00 are now so well entrenched, I doubt if TT would stand much chance of survival if reintroduced in these difficult times.

If you "go European" there is a great deal of rolling stock & accessories produced.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Lancashire Fusilier @ 9 Feb 2009, 06:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh goodness, don't open that can of worms up.....

Some excellent 2mm scale (N gauge) models are produced and some excellent RTR versions are also available. Up to the level of detail and what you actually want to achieve from the hobby and all that.
Damm, does that mean I have to put my tin opener back away then ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (BobB @ 9 Feb 2009, 05:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Brian

Yeh, there's load of European, but is there any British stuff ? Apart from kits (life's to short) at the moment I think it best to stay with either N or OO. Just thinking aloud, what if British outline was made to HO - we could overcome the narrow guage look and save some train length as well, albeit only just over ten percent.

Bob

Very little (see other comments).

Lima did produce some British outline HO, Fleischamnn produced an excellent Warship & Bullied coaches in HO (most quite recently sold off very cheaply) - there was also some stuff produced in a sort or halfway between scale as well.

The original Hornby Eurostar (produced with/by/for LimaJouef) was also HO but lacked centre coaches.

Probably why BRITHO (hence the handle) likes to model in UK outline HO !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts